Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
The Poker KING
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the strangest thing started happening.

I just recently installed my Tein H-Techs a week and a half ago. At first, my alignment was off and my wheel was pretty tilted to the left. I'm driving today, I notice it's the EXACT opposite, now it's tilted to the right.

how the hell did that happen???

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
LIL TANE said:
the strangest thing started happening.

I just recently installed my Tein H-Techs a week and a half ago. At first, my alignment was off and my wheel was pretty tilted to the left. I'm driving today, I notice it's the EXACT opposite, now it's tilted to the right.

how the hell did that happen???

what do you mean by tilt? do you mean the wheel was slanted into the body and is now slanted out of the body? what wheel are we talking about? front or rear? both or passenger/driver side? did you hit anything during this time?

·
The Poker KING
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
doh, my bad.

I meant my steering wheel lol, my bad.

By tilt I mean slanted, sorry for the confusion.

It just seemed a little weird to me, I don't understand how/why that happened.

The car seems to drive better now though as it's not as slanted to the right as it was to the left(steering wheel)

Any ideas? I'm still gonna wait like 3 more weeks to get an alignment to allow the springs to fully settle.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
oh so what is happening is that when your going straight your wheel isnt in the 12 o clock position? its more like 1230? or 1130?.....hmmm weird..that usually happens when your frontal alignment is fracked to hell, or someone took ur steering wheel off and didnt put it back right.

·
Registered
807 Posts
i just lowered mine, half finger on each wheel. my steering wheel is off center 1155 position, and my rear tires are tilted in. question, will my rear tires become straight again after i get an alignment (camber kit adjusted to factory spec.)????

·
The Poker KING
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
^yup they sure will, that's why we made the right choice by getting the camber kit =)

This is still strange to me, I don't know how my steering wheel is tilted another direction when I didn't even do anything, very weird.

·
Registered
260 Posts
i lowered mine with h-techs and didnt have any problem with the steering wheel that i noticed, took it to get an alignment and they said i dont need a camber kit, my toe was a little off but nothing they couldnt fix there

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
if your steering wheel is offcenter that means your toe is off.

look at it this way, when your steering wheel is straight your wheels are pointing funny and want to go straight and not the direction they are pointing in, as a result you need to adjust the front toe.

if i were you id get the alignment done soon.

on a seperate note my car is acting all fed up too and all i have done is put on new rims and tires..steering off, car vibrating a little--can only be felt through steering wheel, and if u look at passenger seat that is shaking a little.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I think that I have the same problem after changing stock to coilovers then stock again. I also think that since the dealer put a new trans in my car, that it's been acting up.(mayb the subframe wasn't put back in properly. I'm not sure exactly whats wrong. I recently bought h-techs and koni yellows- I;m hoping this fixes my problems because they make me hate my car.

·
The Poker KING
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
dude, my camber and toe are SOO off, it's ridiculous

i'll have to take some photos to show you guys how bad it is.

it's been 2 weeks since i got my springs installed, how many more weeks do u guys think for springs to fully settle?

·
Registered
355 Posts
4 weeks....or a month for them to settle in and get an alignment

·
The Poker KING
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't see how this can be possible.

I had my H-Techs and Ingalls camber & toe kit installed the same day

two weeks later, my tires are so tilted, it's ridiculous

/ \

pretty much exactly hwo it is right now, looks retarded.

maybe you guys don't need one who knows, cuz Nightshift, if I remember correctly u should have ur H-Techs installed and didn't even mess with the camber. Maybe the camber gets so messed up when u install the kit, I dunno. I'm gona have to get two alignments then, cuz I need one asap.

·
Registered
211 Posts
That doesn't make sense to me either. I just took my car in over the weekend to get an alignment and dummy me should have put the camber kit on when I had the Koni's installed. Problem is when I had the H&R's on the stock shocks they were in spec but at the limit -1.5 ( tilted in a little not to bad tho), now that I had the Koni's installed and the guy put them on the low perch which dropped the car about another 3/4 of an inch the camber is out by .6 ( ie sitting @ -2.1 atm) spec is -1.5 to -.5 for the rear. I didn't plan on them setting the car lower, but no biggie. Any opinion which is better SPC camber or Ingball?
LIL, suggestion if you need more then one alignment I found a deal but I don't know if they out where you live NTB ( National Tire & Battery) has a 3 year alignment deal $129.99 for as many alignments you need in 3 years. Actually they have 3 deals 89.99 for 1 yr, 129.99 for 3 years, & 159.99 for 5 years. Also you can tranfer it to another car if you were to sell you car.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
ingalls, can adjsut your toe and camber, very important if ur car is dropped more than an inch or so..dont want your toe all out of wack.

·
Registered
211 Posts
According to the alignment place, and the sheet I got the toe isn't an issue everything is fine, just that the camber is out. Didn't know if I should get the Ingalls or the SPC camber kit. Know of a good place to purchase either? Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
211 Posts
One other question, so are you saying if I just get a camber kit that possiblly the toe could go out then and I wouldn't be able to adjust that? For refernce I've got mine dropped around 2". I've got the Koni's w/H&R sport springs. Last but not least anyone heard this or no, I read a post from someone saying that Koni staes not to use the lower perch with aftermarket springs. Is there any truth or not. Has me a bit concerned seeing as the guy who installed mine decided to put them on the lower perch. Any input would be much appreciated.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
your camber and toes are adjusted using bars. if you adjust one, you will most probably have to adjsut the other based off the amount you adjust one. that is why i recommend getting the ingalls kit that adjusts both toe and camber.

i would recommend popping your head underneath the rear of your car to see how ur suspension works. you will see the two bars i am talking about.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts