Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spray paint my reverse and signal turn light with RED Stained glass spray paint from Krylon. it was $9.99 a can a Michael's but had a 40% off coupon . I painted the first coat yesterday. Wet sanded it just now with 1000 grit then lightly sprayed a second coat. Im waiting for it to dry so i can paint clear coat on it.

Should I wet sand (what grit, 1000 ok?) b4 putting clear coat on it?? And What clear coat brand/type should I use? AND how should I spray the clear coat on?? THICK layers? Multiple thin layers? Am i missing any steps before i should spray clear coat on? Thanks in advance guys.

it looks much lighter in person..its dark cause it was takin from my iphone.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Always spray in thin multiple coats can't go wrong and I wouldn't wet sand before hand just get it with the clear while the paint is still a little tacky and you'll be golden

·
MARTIN
1,411 Posts
huh? Rushzer0 -I don't think you should sand anything while it's still tacky, even if it is just a little tacky. I've done that accidentally once and it turned out horrible.

Once you get the clear on I would just buff it out and polish it. You don't want to scuff up a surface that has light shining through.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I never said sand while it was tacky lol that's just silly ahaha I said don't sand at all, hit it with the clear when the paint is still a lil tacky so it has that to adhere to, that more clear? LoL!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looking forward to the after pictures! Just spent the weekend taking out the amber inserts on the turn signals! (Pretty easy if you haven't done it and want to)

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
I used transparent red Oracal film to tint my turn signals red. It was pretty easy to apply. I used a heat gun, heated, stretched, adhered and then used a razor blade around the edges to cut off excess. It lasted for years.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts