Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dunno nothin about audio, and I have a stock speaker setup right now. I even wanna sell my piece of sh*t accord but my dad just rebuilt the tranny for $3800 so it looks like I'm going to be keeping it for a while. My CD player broke so I want a good headunit to go with Infinit Kappa speakers all around and I plan on buying an amp for them.

My question is, what does it mean that the Alpine CDA-7995 doesn't have an internal amp and you need an external one. What type of amp would I have to buy if I even need one since I'm gonna be amping my speakers. Or do I need to buy a 5 channel amp or something since I plan on buying a 4 channel for kappa speakers all around.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
it means u cannot just hook up the head unit to your wiring harness in the car and get audio. but if u plan on getting an amp for component speakers or whatever, thats all you will need, i dont think you will need 2 amps.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so basically if i use the 7995 it just means there will be no power pushing the speakers from the headunit, just means that I will have to buy an amp for them, but the 7995 will work itself just wont hear anything from the speakers.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
yup

·
PitchBlk, aka BigLou 7
1,844 Posts
the headunit does not have an internal amplifier inside of it
so, you cannot directly hookup speaker to the amplifier
what it has, rather than speaker outputs, are line-level outputs, the kind that amplifiers need as an input
you will geta much cleaner signal and speaker sound if you just add an amp to the systen, run RCA's to the amp from the headunit, and power the speakers that way

·
Registered
410 Posts
have the same radio in my car. you must have a amp for your speakers. i have a alpine v12 5 channel amp which pushes my whole system. boston acoustics pro 6.5 component set up front, boston acoustics rm 6x9 and jl audio 10w3 with a alpine eq for quality. sounds great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts