Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a power capacitor for my stereo and I noticed it was not staying fully charged. So I started checking my voltage on my battery and alternator. The alternator voltage was about 13.8 volts. I pulled the fuse on the cap to isolate it from the system. So I put my DVM on the battery and decided to drive the car to Autozone for a charging system check. I monitored the voltage during the drive and noticed on hard accleration that the voltage would jump up to almost 17 volts and that is when the SRS light would come on. Obvouisly when I would let off the gas, the voltage would come down and the light would go off. Also while driving, I noticed that the alternator voltage would dip down to battery voltage, about 12.6 volts and then it would go back up. The alternator voltage would never stay the same, it was always fluctuating. At Autozone, they said I had a bad alternator. So I replaced it. However, now I have just about the same problem again except that the highest my voltage goes under acceleration is 14.06 volts. I get the same flucuations of voltage during various speeds. SRS light doesn't come on anymore, but who cares about that now. I have a new battery, a new alternator from Autozone, the belt tension is correct, and the amp and cap are isolated from the system. What can be the problem. Thanks again for all your replies.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts