Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my car tonite and noticed my car's dashlight was really dim. It got dimmer and dimmer as i drive...and then later the dash light completely went out. The car also wouldn't accelerate too but didn't die out. My radio also went on and off a couple on times.

I'm thinking it's the alternator because 2 days ago i noticed whining under the hood and the battery light plus all the door lights were on. I decided to just buy a new battery from sears and after i installed it, the whinning sound disappeared and it started fine.

Now I have this problem and i don't know if i can make it to the shop...
Even though it's the alternator shouldn't the new battery last more than 2 days? :confused:

·
Registered
79 Posts
well if your alternator isnt working, then the battery isnt charging while your car is on. the battery should have enough juice for at least alil while, but i don't really know for how long.

·
oldbie? You bet I am!
319 Posts
VtecR8ceR said:
I started my car tonite and noticed my car's dashlight was really dim. It got dimmer and dimmer as i drive...and then later the dash light completely went out. The car also wouldn't accelerate too but didn't die out. My radio also went on and off a couple on times.

I'm thinking it's the alternator because 2 days ago i noticed whining under the hood and the battery light plus all the door lights were on. I decided to just buy a new battery from sears and after i installed it, the whinning sound disappeared and it started fine.

Now I have this problem and i don't know if i can make it to the shop...
Even though it's the alternator shouldn't the new battery last more than 2 days? :confused:
Not if you have sound system in your car
:p

You should get it fix ASAP or else it would burn (I swear!) get it rebuild or something. It wouldn't take longer than a day to do it.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
our alternaters suck so its probably it. I dont know what kind of alternaters they used for 98 but my 01 has DELPHI and it sucks, not that it failed on me or anything...yet :rolleye2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope no sound system...just a deck. Heck i didn't even use my radio the day i installed my new battery.

I'll drop by kragens today and pick up a alternator. I'm hoping my new battery is not **** up rite now :(

·
Registered
105 Posts
it is definately the alternator, if the alternator is putting out absolutely no amperage a battery usually has 2-4 hours of run time before it goes dead....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts