·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, im in the market for a new or slightly used aluminum floor jack

my requirements:
(1) aluminum (want it <45lbs)
(2) max lift height of <17 inches
(3) preferably fast pump ( <10 pumps to max height)
(4) cheap as possible!

ive been on ebay and i see these 3.5-15.25" jacks all over the place. i also see some that are 3.5-17.5", but those cost around $150. does anyone know where i can get a jack, with the specified requirements, as cheap as possible? tia.

·
Registered
146 Posts
HONDA_99 said:

I got mine from Sears for $99 and love it. 1 pump to raise the saddle to the chassis. Is light and easy to move around. To boot, it's well made and seems like it will be around for a while.

I had an old Harbor Freight model. Sure, it was cheap, but it lasted about 2 years with average use and then stopped working well.

Shumax

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kragen and autozone in my areas dont carry aluminum jacks. i didn't find any on sam's club either. i was at sear's two days ago, and they were out of stock and so removed the price tag on the shelf. if i could find one for $99 local pickup, id be thrilled. harbor freight seems to be the best bet so far:

$129.99, plus $8.99 shipping.

can anyone top that? thanks again

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gotta pick it up and put it on a shelf when im done with it -_- tight on space in the garage..

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
update:

purchased a generic brand jack (probably originally bought from harbor freight), i think its a US General. I looked at the website, and direct from them its $130, plus $9 shipping. The one i got is still in the box, never been opened, from a guy on ebay for $97 inc. s&h.

min: 3.5
max: 17.5
wt: 37.40
cap: 3000

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
that one from sam's does own EDIT: NEVERMIND :drool: ^^ craftsman ^^

sumptimwong said:
yea, but too bad its made of steel, and thus weighs ~80 lbs
80lbs isnt THAT heavy... come on u can do it, put ur arse into it, and ur arms and legs and toes and nails... :rofl2: . and take ur back out :p

i can toss that thing :rofl3:

with that extra money... u can buy some weights and work out, or use the jack to work out and there u go... ull be buff and save money

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
update: received the jack a few weeks ago, forgot to give yall feedback.

IT SUCKS! i dont know if all of these jacks are like this, or if i just got a janky one from ebay. i have to put my entire weight on the end of the dmn 4' lever in order to raise the front end of my mom's sienna. given, the sienna is a heavy vehicle, but it shouldnt be THAT hard to lift. the WHOLE car weighs two tons, and the capacity of this jack is 1.5 tons.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts