Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
hmmm...
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
200 bucks to install 4 speakers with an amp and a basslink...the guy sed he'd include a hi/lo converter which was all i need since i already have an amp kit inside my car.

·
JB4 e92
5,224 Posts
7thgenaccd said:
200 bucks to install 4 speakers with an amp and a basslink...the guy sed he'd include a hi/lo converter which was all i need since i already have an amp kit inside my car.
Who is this guy? Is it someone off the streets, a friend, or someone at a retail store? :confused:

·
aka XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
489 Posts
Most charge by the hour, ask how long it should take him.

·
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
2,204 Posts
I paid $70 to have my basslink installed. Speakers you can install yourself to save some bucks.

·
I'm stupid with cars
610 Posts
thats like 135/hr.....

·
Registered
229 Posts
most shops charge by the job not the hour. when i worked at goodguys, a set of components was $75-$95 depending on if they were 2 way or 3 way, amp was $45, and extra stuff like basslink would count as an amp, so $45 as well. often times they needed to make adaptors for speakers to fit right, or the amp would need a rack, in which it would cost extra.

$200 isnt too bad as long as its a reputable shop and they offer a lifetime warranty on the work. theres too many hoaky shops that charge a lot and pull a fast one on ya, or go out of business and your install is all jacked up.

·
hmmm...
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just need them to mount the amp on my backseat and the basslink seems pretty easy to install since there's already an amp kit inside, they wouldnt have to run that many wires.. i kinda though 200 was a bit steep for this, but i'll consider it since most people say its not that bad...

·
My AV6 is all gone...
778 Posts
Its a fair price if their quality is up to par.

·
My AV6 is all gone...
778 Posts
custom grand am said:
most shops charge by the job not the hour. when i worked at goodguys, a set of components was $75-$95 depending on if they were 2 way or 3 way.
3 way components for $75-95???

·
My AV6 is all gone...
778 Posts
I must say, thats quite a fair price, considering most cars dont have a location for the third speaker and typically something would need to be fabricated.

·
hmmm...
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imma noob to audio stuff..how much does a hi/lo converter run for? since thats all i need, maybe i'll buy it and find another place to install cheaper...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts