Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so am i stupid to have gotten this setup?

roja formula 5s in gunmetal. 17 x 7 42 mm offsett
avon ms 550 215/45/17s

whole thing mounted and balanced and shipped to my door is 980.

arrgghh, i just realised that now the wheel gap increases by an inch :(

so much for hfp suspension for me...might need to think about sportlines or stech..

·
Registered
94 Posts
When you pay close to $1.000, you should have definately gotten some 18's instead.

You will just have to get some springs to drop the ride.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Your speedo is gonna be off by quite a bit with that setup, and you'll have to go pretty low to compensate.

May want to consider changing those tires unless you're going for ultralow look anyway.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
aceofspades626 said:
Your speedo is gonna be off by quite a bit with that setup, and you'll have to go pretty low to compensate.

May want to consider changing those tires unless you're going for ultralow look anyway.

my speed will be off cos my rolling diamater has decreased right? such a stupid fool,. i wonder if i can change out the tires as yet...

idiot idiot me.

yep its a -3.5% error, at 100 mph, ill be going 96.5

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im a friggin idiot, thats what i am...anyone tell me where i can get speedometer calibration done from? in my zealous quest to save weight on my tires i may have gone over board with this stupid choice of size.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
think of it this way, you now have a shorter final drive ratio, with less rotational inertia.

you are now faster just by them bling bling rims you bought :D

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
OwAce said:
im a friggin idiot, thats what i am...anyone tell me where i can get speedometer calibration done from? in my zealous quest to save weight on my tires i may have gone over board with this stupid choice of size.
Why not just sell the tires and get 225/50/17s? That's what I have on my 17x7 TSW Catalunyas w/ 42 offset and I think they look ok.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha,, i tried to get tirerack to switch them tires out etc etc..but they had already shipped them so i could ship them back, and get the 50s...but i donoo if i should HELP ME PLEASE>..i think its gonna cost me like another 100 bucks to do that..

SO SHOULD I TELL THE WHEEL GUY TO RETURN THEM FOR 50s?

go fast...yeah speaking of which,,umm with this setup my speedo will read 100mph when really im only going 97.5

and yeah i will be going damn fast, i just shed like 11 lbs per wheel...given the 24 lb michelin tire, and the 23.5 lb wheel, and the rojas being 14.5 and the avons being 21 lbs.. actually now i think i may just be spinnig wheels since they so damn light...

:eek:

arrggh im just pissed of at the speedo issue...any idea where i could get it calibrated?

OMG I AM SO stupid...someone needs to come up here and :slap:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts