Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Work hard...play harder!
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I'm in the process of starting a new small system in my AV6. Space and functionality have been pretty big factors for a lot of the decisions that I have made thus far and now I am at a crossroads. Typically I install my amps in the trunk, usually attached vertically behind my seat. I know that the amp wouldn't take too much space, almost no space lost really, but I do use the opening from time to time (meaning folding the seats down) and if I have the amp there, it can get damaged. So please do not respond to this by saying "just attach it to your rear seat". My question is should I install the amp under my passenger side seat where is will get very light foot traffic, or build a custom amp mount and place it on the drivers side rear corner where I will lose that plastic holder thing?

·
Vimal (vee-mall)
4,418 Posts
you know in the trunk, on the drivers side there is a small plastic cubby area, behind the rear tire... thats what he's talking about.
this is Nittanys1 car, the area where the JL amp in this picture is what he's talking about...

·
Registered
157 Posts
corner. easier to place and don't have to worry about people kicking it or anything. and plus it will be easier to hook up and adjust rather than being under the seat

·
Work hard...play harder!
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update!!!

Well I finally installed the amp in my car this week. My project is nearing its completion finally :p Here are a couple of pics for you guys. Comments welcomed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts