Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Very Inspired
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I never played with audio systems, nor do i want to have an expensive system that can annoy me with a loud bass etc. Anyways, i want to make my stock stereo louder. Would i just have to buy an amplifier to do this job?

·
Jr Member
240 Posts
You can start off by replacing all the factory speakers with aftermarket, I would just stick to "simple" coax design up front. You should be able to get decent speakers for the front & rear for around $100, and if you want to add an amp, a 4 channel amp to run those "simple" speakers should be around $120.

BTW, you would need a LOC(line out converter) if you plan to add an amp, unless you buy an amp with "high/speaker level" inputs, which I would suggest you look for.

PROPERLY installed, you should notice significantly better sound.

·
Work hard...play harder!
772 Posts
Or just buy a new headunit. You will hear the difference between your stock HU, and a decent aftermarket HU.

·
Registered
14 Posts
First off if he would like to keep is climate controls then he should not change his head unit. If he really wants to change the headunit he could buy the install kit that would put the new unit in the storage bin but that is stupid. Second if you did get an amp depending on what brand you will not need a LOC. The kicker amps have a high level input that lets you wire into the factory speaker wires which is really easy. So the first move would to be change your speakers, however when you do this you will most likly lose a little bit of you mid range bass just to give you aheads up.

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
^^^ why is it stupid to have the headunit in the storage bin? i have mine setup like that and a lot of people that have sat in my car said it looks stock.

Or just buy a new headunit. You will hear the difference between your stock HU, and a decent aftermarket HU.
i agree. that was the first thing i got for my system and what a difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts