Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if this has happened to anyone else. A long time ago I pulled out of my parking lot and heard a god awful metal on metal screeching that made me cringe, coming from my front right wheel. I was all freaked out and got down there with a flashlight. Turns out it was a tiny pebble stuck between the back of the brake rotor and the little metal disk, or shield or whatever it is.

Now when it happens I just reach in there and wiggle that shield thing back and forth and it goes away. It's a minor annoyance, just wondering if it happens to anyone else.

·
Registered
275 Posts
tptpgogogo said:
^^Yeah I too have that problem sometimes, But it usually happens to the driver's side

I've had this happen twice!! Very embarrassing!!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I feel better knowing it happens to other people. Anyone know what that shield thing is for? Could it be removed to prevent this sort of thing, or does it serve some purpose?

·
KSU Owls
232 Posts
its happened to me once.. it might have happened to me before and caused me to have to get new rotors but not posotive if thats was the cause of it :confused:

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
I believe that shield is to prevent brake dust from getting sprayed everywhere?

Sometimes the inital brake screech is because there wasnt enough grease applied to the brake pad shim.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts