Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 418 Posts

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I just got done fabbing up some caliper mounting brackets for Kai (Kschwiggy) and thought I would share:D

Pair of 05+ RL 4 pot Advics caliper off ebay $200
Pair of rebuild kits from Acura $100 (so they could be powder coated, rubber doesn't like 450F)
Pair of Rotora (RD.40036.A.330.01S) 12.8" rotors (not sure what he got them for)
EBC yellow pads.

These cleared TL Type S 17" wheels with no issues, but will not clear stock 17" due to offset, you would have to add a 15mm spacer to get the stock 17" to clear.

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
Awesome job Paul. :) I have a McFaddendales hardware store near by that I utilize to build all the custom bbks aswell. Gotta love the higher grade bolts and hardware. What are you using for the bracket, Steel or Alum?

·
Registered
15 Posts
hey paul, nice work on the BBK.. i'll probably do that after i'm done everything else, unfortunately, not a priority right now.

i decided to track you down on here, i sent you a PM on G7A yesterday, just makin sure it went through.

and since i can't PM on here yet (too few posts) i figured i'd leave a post.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hey guys, I just got done fabbing up some caliper mounting brackets for Kai (Kschwiggy) and thought I would share:D

Pair of 05+ RL 4 pot Advics caliper off ebay $200
Pair of rebuild kits from Acura $100 (so they could be powder coated, rubber doesn't like 450F)
Pair of Rotora (RD.40036.A.330.01S) 12.8" rotors (not sure what he got them for)
EBC yellow pads.

These cleared TL A-Spec 17" wheels with no issues, but will not clear stock 17" due to offset, you would have to add a 15mm spacer to get the stock 17" to clear.
Nice work, very innovative. Just a few additional notes for clarification since it will help others out.

1. The ROTORA discs should have the slot facing forward, towards the front of the car.
2. I am pretty certain those are TL Type S wheels. The TL base wheels and TL Type S wheels both clear the factory Brembos available on the TL M/T or TL-S (A/T and M/T both get Brembos). I believe the A-spec wheels are 18".

And if anyone needs the ROTORA rotors we carry that part # in stock. The slotted pair about $320/pair and drilled/slotted are about $350/pair.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice work, very innovative. Just a few additional notes for clarification since it will help others out.

1. The ROTORA discs should have the slot facing forward, towards the front of the car.
2. I am pretty certain those are TL Type S wheels. The TL base wheels and TL Type S wheels both clear the factory Brembos available on the TL M/T or TL-S (A/T and M/T both get Brembos). I believe the A-spec wheels are 18".

And if anyone needs the ROTORA rotors we carry that part # in stock. The slotted pair about $320/pair and drilled/slotted are about $350/pair.
I did not care at the time what direction the slots were facing, just wanted to do a fitment check. And yes they are the Type S wheels, my bad.

Capnf and Sabel you have PM.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The 5th should be good, just bring your race helemt so when you launch yourself thru your windshield it won't hurt so much :p

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not sure what other rotors have the same specs as far as offset, but you could go larger, say 13", 13.2" by simply adding a spacer between the caliper and bracket.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I did not care at the time what direction the slots were facing, just wanted to do a fitment check. And yes they are the Type S wheels, my bad.

Capnf and Sabel you have PM.
Didn't say you did care; was just letting others know so when they install them they don't follow that pattern.

1 - 20 of 418 Posts