Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ended up getting rid of my 18s, I kinda got sick of having to check my tire pressure weekly and the rough ride. I pinched the sidewall of my last tire Sat. night. I was running 245/40/18 BFG KDW2s, which I will miss... I was wondoring what people thought of the rims I am picking up, 215/50/17, I'll be running my old OEM rubber till they run out. They're about 6lbs lighter than my old ones, that's one plus. Cost was an issue and I had to go shopping on Sunday so I didn't have many choices... Until the new rims come in I am running stock rim and I forgot what it feels like to not have to slalom down the street and cringe at every pothole/ railroad track/ speed bump I can't avoid.

http://www.motegiracing.com/applicationguide/motegiimages/mega/m2361.jpg

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
what kind of 18" rims were they? I have 18's on mine with 225/40/18 Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Positions and the ride is not bad at all. I do have to slow down when crossing railroad tracks and speed bumps but it aint so bad. I haven't checked my tire pressure since I had them installed a couple of months ago.

I like those motegi wheels.

·
4 door Coupe
593 Posts
i liked the setup you had, but i dont think there will be that big of a visual difference between 17's and 18's except the series youre using the 17's with will look more "taller". the new rims go good with your color car, but i would have to see pics when you get the new ones installed to compare the 2. its fukdup that street conditions are so bad that we enthusiasts have to "settle" for alternate rim/tire combos.. but im not gonna give in just yet lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i liked the setup you had, but i dont think there will be that big of a visual difference between 17's and 18's except the series youre using the 17's with will look more "taller". the new rims go good with your color car, but i would have to see pics when you get the new ones installed to compare the 2. its fukdup that street conditions are so bad that we enthusiasts have to "settle" for alternate rim/tire combos.. but im not gonna give in just yet lol
I was surprised when I put in my OEM rims, my car looks slammed, I actually have to lift it up a little bit before I get my new rims, I'd like atleast a finger width between the rubber and fender.

Stockton is infamous for bad road conditions. I heard some big city contractor who built and maintained the roads was actually indicted for changing the road mixture to save a few bucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts