Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
From what it looks like the size I need is 235/40/18

Any suggestion on Brand and model ? Heres is what I want in order of most importance. By the way currently have HFP suspension.

1) quiet
2) comfort
3) handleing

I got some suggestion:

Kuhmo asx (american tire)
kuhmo 712 (discount tire)
dulop sm901 (discount tires)

Any more suggestions ?

Thanks
Rick

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Man not one response...I stumped you guys....I've been doing research and looks like khumo asx.......will 235/50/18 fit on my car ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have heard good things about Bridgestone Potenza RE750's. They are a bit pricey, but many have claimed great performance for a 35,000 plus mile tire.

Just be carefull to get at least a 91 load rating on any tire you get or your might be rolling on the sidewall at stock pressures.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yokohoma Avid v4s . Got these for the exact reasons you specified. they are exactly what I wanted. Got 'em from tirerack.

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
THERUIZFAMILY said:
Thanks,

I thought I stumped everyone with this tire question.....
235/50/18s is not a proper upgrade if you want your speedometer to be accurate. Also...I think the tires will have rubbing issues. :D

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
flyvtec said:
235/50/18s is not a proper upgrade if you want your speedometer to be accurate. Also...I think the tires will have rubbing issues. :D

FLYVTEC:

size would be 235/40/18.....Will these rub ? I currently have HFP suspension.

ODK:

Tire rack doesnt have Yokohoma Avid v4 in 18's largest is 17's

Rick

·
2,313 Posts
Rick...yeah, that size will work. What kind of wheels are you planning on getting? Correct me if I'm wrong but the other equation to rubbing is the offset of the wheels. I have 42mm offset with my 17x7 wheels so I'm thinking anywhere from 40mm to 50mm offsets should not cause any rubbing issues with the 235/40/18s.

I was comparing Avon Tech M550 A/S Ultra High Performance All-Season tires against 6 others and was very impressed with its score.

The Kumho KH11's are a great value/performance. I have the KH11's on mine and they have been good tires.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
avons great tire..just a little on the heavy side.

fm901s cheap and good tire.
in the end just review everything tirerack has..cant go wrong with that.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
flyvtec said:
Rick...yeah, that size will work. What kind of wheels are you planning on getting? Correct me if I'm wrong but the other equation to rubbing is the offset of the wheels. I have 42mm offset with my 17x7 wheels so I'm thinking anywhere from 40mm to 50mm offsets should not cause any rubbing issues with the 235/40/18s.

I was comparing Avon Tech M550 A/S Ultra High Performance All-Season tires against 6 others and was very impressed with its score.

The Kumho KH11's are a great value/performance. I have the KH11's on mine and they have been good tires.

I got a killer deal on Racing Hart S7 (18x7.5 and 42 + offset) =======> $ 100.00 rims (one cracked on the inside was $85.00 to repair) and tires (Falkens 512 pretty much gone) so now looking for tires. From what I've read 235/40/18's should have no problem with rubbing. Hey, if both of us get Avon Tech M550 A/S will they cut us a deal ?

Rick

·
2,313 Posts
I'm game...find out if they will cut us a deal. I wouldn't mind having new rubber for the summer.

You OK with the cracked wheel even though it was fixed?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yokohama AVS dB S2

But really, if your preference is 1. quiet and 2. comfort .. 18" wheels will really make it hard for you.

With 17" wheels (235/45 or 225/50 tires) there's a wide variety of tires that suit your priorities:
- Bridgestone Turanza LS-Z or LS-V being the best
- Yokohama Avid H4S being second best

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
flyvtec said:
I'm game...find out if they will cut us a deal. I wouldn't mind having new rubber for the summer.

Yeah thats it......the crack was on the insided of the wheel so it cant be seen....They welded it and all has been good...cant beat the price..

Rick

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ipribadi said:
Yokohama AVS dB S2

But really, if your preference is 1. quiet and 2. comfort .. 18" wheels will really make it hard for you.

With 17" wheels (235/45 or 225/50 tires) there's a wide variety of tires that suit your priorities:
- Bridgestone Turanza LS-Z or LS-V being the best
- Yokohama Avid H4S being second best
I got a good deal on the rims.......I have thought of trying to trade them for some 17's.....any offers from anyone ?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
dont mean to highjack but are HANKOOK K-104s a good set of tires? thanks

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
flyvtec said:

Ok just emailed them see what they say

1 - 20 of 23 Posts