Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am just sitting here planning out my DVD installation. It looks like I will be using a wired fm modulator for sound or at least until the new blitsafe comes out. I just relized the Accord doesn't have an antennae? I am assuming it is on the front or back glass. Does anyone know where the wire from the radio plugs into the antennae? For example: I would like to find the wire that starts with the antenna, disconnect it there, and install the fm modulator. What I am trying to do is prevent having to remove the head unit to get to the antennae wire in the back of the unit. It would be so much easier to use a wireless FM modulator but I really doubt the sound is all to great. This car is brand new and there are no rattles, I would prefer to not create any myself. (Besides my wife would freek if the entire inside of her new car is tore apart for any amount of time)

·
Nothing special
838 Posts
Its actually built into the glass in the back window. The horizontal lines are the defroster, the vertical lines are the antenna. My guess is that you should start by looking in the trunk...thats where the antenna connection would be imo. FYI, the center console is very easy to pull apart, and reassemble. I have had mine apart numerous times, and do not have any rattles. Just make sure you dont loose any screws, and install them firmly.

·
Registered
231 Posts
it would be better to install from behind the head unit too because if the signal wires are long they can pick up a lot of interference, shorter wires = less interference and better sound

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ethlar said:
it would be better to install from behind the head unit too because if the signal wires are long they can pick up a lot of interference, shorter wires = less interference and better sound
Thanks guys, it appears that there is an antennae connection behind the front left kick panel. I might pull it this weekend and do some investigating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts