Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imma about to get these suckers soon maybe.

do they work pretty well? im thinking about getting suspension techs

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
on more question did it increase oversteer? or decrease? what about understeer? can you take corners easy at high speeds?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think I got it for around $300 (front and rear). My car doesn't produce a lot of HP, so oversteering and understeering wasn't a big issue for me. But I found that I was taking corners faster. The rolling feeling when taking a turn fast was reduced significantly. You stick to the road better.

·
Banned
5,093 Posts
I plan on getting Sus Tech sways soon too. they are cheaper than the Comptech and all them other ones and they are adjustable. the cheapest ive seen them is about $270 for both.

The understeer oversteer deal really depends on how they are set up.
as a rule with our type of cars, Front engine FWD, the stiffer the rear, the more understeer it takes out, so you may want to adjust it slowly, cause after a point you cross over from reducing understeer to increasing oversteer. if you know what i mean.

·
Banned
5,093 Posts

·
bryan <3's bomex
6,071 Posts
theres no such thing as a stupid question :)

anyway, here's my own definition for understeer and oversteer. whether its accurate i dont know lol. understeer is when you have to turn the steering wheel a whole lot just to get the wheels to turn a little bit, meaning youre not turning as much as you want to. oversteer is when you turn the steering wheel and the car turns alot more than you want it to. i think its bad for rwd cars since they'd fishtail alot more, but what do i know, i own a fwd :)

·
Banned
5,093 Posts
yeah, Omega pretty much got it, you know like when your driving hard on some twisties, and you go around a bend and it felt right, so you hit the next one harder, and when you do, you feel the front wheels kinda ploughing into the ground, like they're sliding and just not gripping, thats understeer, i mean think about it UNDER STEER, ie. not enough steer right?

then over steer is the opposite, like you got on the gas too early in say a good RWD car, and the tail starts to kick out, the front is gripping and turning fine but the rear is sliding a little. thats over steer, OVER STEER.

·
Banned
5,093 Posts
mastadulog said:
^5's for everyone
im lost, what do ou mean by that. :gotme:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts