Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that I have a taurus sho... I do have a Contour SVT as my winter car though (98 Mustang GT Vert summer car).

This site is a great resource for ANY car... Hopefully we can get some more Ford vehicles in here.

(previous owner of a 02 V6 Accord.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a turbo 94 SHO ATX. its pretty fast.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not that I have a taurus sho... I do have a Contour SVT as my winter car though (98 Mustang GT Vert summer car).

This site is a great resource for ANY car... Hopefully we can get some more Ford vehicles in here.

(previous owner of a 02 V6 Accord.

SVT Contour :)

I'm in Socal, but I can't see how a SVTC could be a winter car...

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm surprised I didn't see this until now for as much as I'm on here, so I'll chime in!

I've got a 95 Taurus SHO with the 5 speed manual.

It's got ported intake runners and tanks, big bore butterflies, true cold air intake in the fenderwell, TB coolant bypass, high flow Y-pipe, Dynomax catback exhaust, short throw shifter, and 100 lbs in weight reduction. It's a fun ride.

I'm one of those crazy SHO nuts, in that my other ride is a 2005 Mustang GT making 311 RWHP

...and I can't imagine life without the SHO. Nuts, right? :bonk:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Blue oval boy through and through huh? :)
Actually I love the SHO mostly because it DOESN'T have a Ford engine, and I got the Mustang because it was a hell of a deal. I got it for $5k below blue book value because of an incorrectly listed internet price (whoops) and the dealer had to honor it. Plus I have a thing for red cars and the red leather interior on the Mustang caters to my inner attention whore.

But I love all cars--in fact, that's why I'm here, because I appreciate all cars and I've got a soft spot for fast V6's in particular.

Plus, the little lady is Asian and she and her family ONLY drive imports, so I've gotten quite accustomed to working on her and her family's imports and I've gotten very well acquainted with them.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Actually I love the SHO mostly because it DOESN'T have a Ford engine, and I got the Mustang because it was a hell of a deal. I got it for $5k below blue book value because of an incorrectly listed internet price (whoops) and the dealer had to honor it. Plus I have a thing for red cars and the red leather interior on the Mustang caters to my inner attention whore.
I thought the engine was Ford but the heads and intake were built designed by Yamaha? Like a ford/yamaha spawn child :p
Apparently from something I read earlier yamaha still works on manufactuers cars today, forgot which though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I thought the engine was Ford but the heads and intake were built designed by Yamaha? Like a ford/yamaha spawn child :p
Apparently from something I read earlier yamaha still works on manufactuers cars today, forgot which though.
Yamaha was originally just hired to design a new cylinder head for the 3.0 liter Ford V6, but the head they came up with produced too much power for the Ford block to live with, so Ford contracted them to come up with an entire powerplant which was made in Japan and shipped back to Ford in the US. Ford was originally going to put it into a mid-engine roadster but when the Fiero fizzled out they stuffed it in the Taurus from 1989-1995.

By the way, you might be thinking of the V8 SHO, made from 96-99. The heads and intake were designed by Yamaha but the actual engine block and internal components were basically a 2.5 liter Duratec V6 with 2 extra cylinders added on. The car came in automatic only and was a heavy pig. Blah.

·
Mirage Representative
2,581 Posts
The "Yamahammer" is sexy. And no, I don't own one. I would like to, but I can't find one in really good condition to buy. Sean, the owner of the GeekSHO, is a good friend of mine who keeps trying to get me into one. I like the car and all... but they just keep dying, and he bought the only good conditioned one for a decent price (his blue one).

His plan is to replace the black one's supercharger and go the turbo route. The turbo SHOs are fast... I mean it's crazy how fast they can go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts