Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Large Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flame me if you need to guys, but I've searched on this and found almost nothing for 5th Gen Accords. I'm looking to go with Intrax lowering springs ( part number 35.1.020) for my '97 V6. They supposedly lower the car 1.8" front and back. This will be my third spring change. The first set I used was from Progress and lowered my car about 2.5" all around. Too low and very bouncy. The set I'm on now are Eibach Pro-kits. Too high in the front but almost perfect in the back. They lowered my car 1.4" all around. I want just a slight lowering in the back and front but I know nothing about the quality and ride on Intrax springs. Any help you guys can give is much appreciated. :D

·
Large Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4mytoys said:
I've heard good things about intraxx on the civic's.

Are you selling your old springs?
Are you in the market for used Eibach Pro-Kits? Mine are about a year old and are still functioning like new. I just want a tad bit more of a lowering. Too much and I scrape my SP like crazy. Hate that.

·
Registered
105 Posts
yea... I am looking to buy some lowering springs... I have coilovers and just now they are starting to make my car more bouncy now that i take turns harder. lol

just as long as they arent worn out. give me a price if willing to sell.

·
Large Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4mytoys said:
yea... I am looking to buy some lowering springs... I have coilovers and just now they are starting to make my car more bouncy now that i take turns harder. lol

just as long as they arent worn out. give me a price if willing to sell.
I'm gonna be completely honest with you, dude. If your into hard driving and looking for a setup that will perform well while cornering, the Pro-kits probably aren't for you. My car is actually pretty soft around corners and leans more than I would like it to. The Pro-Kits aren't really serious performance springs. They do an excellent job of damping bumps and such but if I were you, I would be think about Tein coilovers or some other hardcore solution. The Eibachs are probably softer than you need. Just being honest.

·
bryan <3's bomex
6,071 Posts
Gallo said:
I'm gonna be completely honest with you, dude. If your into hard driving and looking for a setup that will perform well while cornering, the Pro-kits probably aren't for you. My car is actually pretty soft around corners and leans more than I would like it to. The Pro-Kits aren't really serious performance springs. They do an excellent job of damping bumps and such but if I were you, I would be think about Tein coilovers or some other hardcore solution. The Eibachs are probably softer than you need. Just being honest.
its still better than stock :cool: sways would help reduce body roll

·
Large Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mastadulog said:
its still better than stock :cool: sways would help reduce body roll
Agreed. Stock was boat-like for me. My car is still a heavy boat. Too bad springs can't help with power the way stickers do. :p

·
Registered
105 Posts
haha. StICKERS = 5hp

I just wanted something that will make my car lower than stock but not as bumpy as my coilovers. its ok tho, I have a pair of lowering springs coming in the mail sometime next week. I love performance parts stores that are liquidating. i got me brand new Dropzone lowering springs for $9.99 and $20 shipping. I dont have much money to spend so I decided to go with that rather than buy some generic ones.

btw.. i saw on ebay 8.5mm Magnecor wires for bid $9.99 and $15 shipping just a lil while ago. I was going to bid on it but it ended. Someone got it tho.

·
Large Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
4mytoys said:
haha. StICKERS = 5hp

I just wanted something that will make my car lower than stock but not as bumpy as my coilovers. its ok tho, I have a pair of lowering springs coming in the mail sometime next week. I love performance parts stores that are liquidating. i got me brand new Dropzone lowering springs for $9.99 and $20 shipping. I dont have much money to spend so I decided to go with that rather than buy some generic ones.

btw.. i saw on ebay 8.5mm Magnecor wires for bid $9.99 and $15 shipping just a lil while ago. I was going to bid on it but it ended. Someone got it tho.
Dude, I think the Dropzones are gonna put you in the weeds, aren't they? I think they're 4 cylinder springs. The Progress springs I had previously were for the 4 cylinder Accord and I was scrapin' ass everywhere I went. I hope your springs are better for you. :D

·
Q
568 Posts
Gallo said:
Are you in the market for used Eibach Pro-Kits? Mine are about a year old and are still functioning like new. I just want a tad bit more of a lowering. Too much and I scrape my SP like crazy. Hate that.
Hey Gallo, I'm in the market for the pro-kits. I'm going to go with a spring/struts setup right now instead of coilovers since I won't need to adjust height that often. Let me know :D

·
Large Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
accord6 said:
Hey Gallo, I'm in the market for the pro-kits. I'm going to go with a spring/struts setup right now instead of coilovers since I won't need to adjust height that often. Let me know :D
Will do, Accord6. Looks like it'll be about a month or month and a half before I switch to the Intrax springs. I'll make sure the Pro-kits are in good shape and then send you a PM for more details, if your still interested. :D

·
Registered
91 Posts
aw, no tein ss's for you accord6? Gallo, do you have any pictures of your setup with the pro-kit on. Is it very boat-looking like everyone else is saying? And are you in the OC area? I just moved to Irvine.

·
Large Member
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
blueish said:
aw, no tein ss's for you accord6? Gallo, do you have any pictures of your setup with the pro-kit on. Is it very boat-looking like everyone else is saying? And are you in the OC area? I just moved to Irvine.
Actually I don't have any pictures of my current setup...yet. I'll take some and get 'em up here. I wouldn't characterize the look as "boatlike". Its higher in the front than in the back by about a finger or finger and a half. it really doesn't look stupid or anything. Its just not the even look I want. I loved how my ride looked with Progress Group springs but holy moly! I was scraping front and back on driveways that everyone else was practically racing up and down. That's all gone with the Pro-kits. The bottom line is I really like the Pro-kits, but I want the front just a tad lower.

Oh! Almost forgot. Yes, I'm in the OC. You and I probably live just miles from each other. I'm in Tustin. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts