Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace my front bumper some guy at work backed into it and his trailer hitch put a hole in my bumper. I was thinking about replacing it with a aftermarket polyurethane bumper.
Does anyone have any good ideas and pics????

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
i've been looking for kits and the only non-fiberglass kit i know of is the b-magic kit made by AIT. it isnt polyurethane though, it is FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic)

sunnyincali has that kit:

and it can be bought through a seller on ebay, carbon_revolution. u may have to call them.

·
Sponsored by my bank acct
229 Posts
That kit is amazing. I saw the same for the sedan on ebay; however, I hate how there is still a dip in the grill outline where the honda emblem is suppose to be. I think it would look so much better if the dip came to a point, a la inspire bumper.

That being said, the front bumper is aggressive as hell. I wonder how it would look without the intercooler. Joedanger11, do you think this front bumper would work well with the Mugen sides and rear?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
moistener said:
Joedanger11, do you think this front bumper would work well with the Mugen sides and rear?

hell no! haha. the b-magic kit will definitely not work with mugen lip kit. it's either or. i wanted this kit but mugen lip kit was a good deal, otherwise, i'd be sporting this kit on my sedan.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
moistener: said:
That kit is amazing. I saw the same for the sedan on ebay; however, I hate how there is still a dip in the grill outline where the honda emblem is suppose to be. I think it would look so much better if the dip came to a point, a la inspire bumper.
I think they did it that way to accommodate those who wish to retain the OEM 'grill'. TBH, if I had that kit I probably would have kept the grill and just painted it, since I'm not sure if I like a plain mesh replacement like on Sunny's car. With that said, his car is the best looking 7th gen to date.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
if it is ever released... the ron_jon kit should be polyurethane.

that kit is nice, but maybe its the intercooler that brings it together... if you have a CAI, that filter will prob get dirty so fast...

can anyone list the materials for making bumpers from best to worst, ie:
polyurethane
FRP
CF
fiberglass
plastic?
etc...

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
joedanger11 said:
i've been looking for kits and the only non-fiberglass kit i know of is the b-magic kit made by AIT. it isnt polyurethane though, it is FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic)
Just thought I'd point out that "fiberglass," in the context of automotive applications, generally refers to the composite formed from using fiberglass fabric with resin. The formal name for this composite is Fiberglass-Reinforced Plastic (FRP). The 'fiberglass' refers to the fiberglass mat used to give the composite some strength, and the 'plastic' refers to the resin, used to give form and rigidity to the composite.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
v6_ccord_2k5 said:
if it is ever released... the ron_jon kit should be polyurethane.

that kit is nice, but maybe its the intercooler that brings it together... if you have a CAI, that filter will prob get dirty so fast...

can anyone list the materials for making bumpers from best to worst, ie:
polyurethane
FRP
CF
fiberglass
plastic?
etc...
As far as I know, this is the order from best to worst, in order of resistance to cracking.
(1) Polyurethane
(2) Fiberglass (FRP)
(3) CF

Plastic is sort of in a league of it's own, since its OE. The above materials are all composites, which are significantly lighter than plastic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts