Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Back to boost...
1,027 Posts
Rebuild the block. Clevite 77 main and rod bearings, ARP main and head studs, ARP connecting rod bolts, regrind/micropolish the crank, P&P heads, then put all the stuff I never got to use before on. Electric water pump, thinner MLS head gaskets (slight compression bump), new oil-restricted pushrods, XP cam's going back in, aluminum 1.6 roller rockers, LS1 TB, and the intercooler's going back on once I get it from my friend. After all that, tuning, then some more tuning, and after that's done, some more tuning. I have the PCM software, so I'll be changing the shift points/rev limits to coincide with the cam's powerband.

Arizona is a little different than most places. I plan on doing most of the work in the summer and keeping off the track till it cools down.

·
DJ2000
2,715 Posts
A buddy of mine thats on my team has a bad ass grand am. He is the process of some serious work. He just go a paint job Lamborgini White with blue pearl. He also has a supercharger and a whole bunch of other stuff done to his engine.
Here is a pic of his car last year.

·
Back to boost...
1,027 Posts
Since I have some time, looks like I might be changing a few other things as well. I'm going to going to a set of 9:5:1 Diamond forged and coated pistons, Total Seal rings and hot-forged L32 connecting rods too. That means more machine work, a .020" overbore too. I figure I have the damned thing apart and in lots of little pieces, now's the time. I hate waiting longer to get the fawker on the road, but I figure it'll be worth it. This way I can compensate easily for the M90's inefficiencies by bumping the CR. With the forged pistons I can also dispell worrying about chipping one of the damned things thanks to detonation, at least no one's done it yet in the known Grand Prix world, not that I still won't be tuning the **** out of it. That makes more room for a small shot of nitrous as well. I'm looking for 11's on this block, but my biggest concern/wait now is going to be the tranny. Can't wait to change that out.

·
Back to boost...
1,027 Posts
custom grand am said:
wow..wanna help me with the 3400 when im ready? :D
On your dime. ;)

This has been painful to the wallet, but the engine will be pretty beefy. I'm confident of mid-low 12's @ 113+ on the motor (with some tuning), and with a little nitrous or slicks, 11's, on the daily driver.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice. yea i was thinking that when i graduate instead of getting a new car id just fix up the grand am a bit. i was thinking porting it and seeig if i could use LS2 valve springs ( i know will work) and then using LS2 pistons. the rest im not sure of tho.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ok well ive got some good news...my lower intake manifold gasket is NOT leaking, so i wont be tearing my engine apart this summer...my new project however is that im gonna replace my stock struts with KYB struts. to do this job im gonna buy a new aluminum jack, spring compressor (cheapie), and a set of boxended wrenches.

i always buy craftsman stuff and i saw a nice looking aluminum jack there the other day. is there anything to look for in boxended wrenches though? are there some designs that are better than others?

im also gonna remove the black paint thats on my upper intake manifold and valve covers. i will repaint them silver for a cleaner look. In addition im going to FINALLY replace my lower radiator hose and thermostat with the 180* thermostat. ill post pics of the engine when im done.

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
^^ nice dude.. I'm almost finished with my summer project.. Well, one of my summer projects lol...

·
Registered
36 Posts
custom grand am said:
well ive finished my first project, and it will likely be my only summertime project.
i cleared my headlights and painted the insides black. pics are in my gallery.

what does everyone else here have planned?
I want to do the black housing headlight mod to my Monte, other "projects" include

switch from regular oil to Royal Purple synthetic
New tires
tranny flush/filter/switch to Royal Purple

That's about all I can afford at the moment

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Im putting together a worn out 305 to put in my 79 c10 and sell it quickly. Also I am going to finish my 388 stroker. All I need is the custom ground small base circle solid cam and some lifters, also need to get the last head machining tool and work on the heads a bit. I need to strip, paint, and cut the hole in the new hood and put the six pack scoop on. I would like to lower the rear on my 78 c10 another 1-2" so I don't have such a rake but I have to figure out how since I already used shackles and hangers....

·
The One&Only!
337 Posts
I should have my SVT manifold on in a couple days..its only taken me 2 years to get all of my necessary parts..LOL!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts