Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
J35A2K23B18CSRDETT2JZLOL
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i went to the dragstrip yesterday. gonna run my car for the first time (me driving) did a little burn out, then went to the light. i took off and top of second gear i broke an axle. what a luck :rolleye2: good thing 5150 is like 5 miles away and my car is there having surgery.

anybody had same situation? what did you do to streghten your axle? any aftermarket or shop that can upgrade axles?

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
SIRSIG said:
I been told that accord and CL-S are just the same.

Aidan just spoke to me just now.

good news was, it's not the axle.
bad news---> it's my differential. i keep you guys update...
Siggy your killing me man! Hopefully the same doesn't hapen to me. I do remember someone braking their axles and looking into Carbon Fiber ones. You can always get custom ones at acpt.com

As for the diff. sorry to hear that :(

·
Booostin~!
546 Posts
if it was an axle just get it from autozone.. its LIFE TIME warranty.... snap it get a new one lol. gotta love autozone and their warranty.

·
J35A2K23B18CSRDETT2JZLOL
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Look Up Aidan! ! !

update:03/25/06

had my car in 5150autosports for 3 weeks, they didn't even touched it. :rolleyes: i had them towed it to a different shop (Sparks) and asked for a gran :ugh: . so, i went to CCautotuners had them check it and the following images are gruesome...

DRIVE AXLE

RIGHT SIDE

LEFT SIDE

LEFT SIDE GOT FU**ED UP! GOT TWISTED LIKE CRAZY!

the shop said that was NOT the OEM axle, it is a generic axle made in China cheap and weak.(no offence to Chinese people...). It was a ***** to take them out. No wonder the shop who did my CL-S swap (5150) didn't even bother to touch it :rolleyes: ! I could not believe how people live their lives everyday knowing they ****ed somebody up and put them in danger just to save some $$$ by putting a cheap ass drive axle. Aidan, I hope this is the only cheap part you put on my car....

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Sucks to hear hopefully you got everything worked out now.

I just finished my valve adjustment about an hour ago and the ticking is almost gone, it went back to the quiet fuel injector ticking as opposed to the loud version :p

VTEC torque pwns your axle :D

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
SIRSIG said:
yeah, the car's a monster again. glad you got rid of that ticking sound already. now put that s/c of yours and stop spending time on V6P.net lol.

hey, i might pass by to your place next saturday man...
Nice :)

Glad to hear it. I'll probably start the SC install next weekend or maybe Friday since this weekend got taken up with my valve adjustment.

·
Registered
281 Posts
SIRSIG said:
update:03/25/06

had my car in 5150autosports for 3 weeks, they didn't even touched it. :rolleyes: i had them towed it to a different shop (Sparks) and asked for a gran :ugh: . so, i went to CCautotuners had them check it and the following images are gruesome...

DRIVE AXLE

RIGHT SIDE

LEFT SIDE

LEFT SIDE GOT FU**ED UP! GOT TWISTED LIKE CRAZY!

the shop said that was NOT the OEM axle, it is a generic axle made in China cheap and weak.(no offence to Chinese people...). It was a ***** to take them out. No wonder the shop who did my CL-S swap (5150) didn't even bother to touch it :rolleyes: ! I could not believe how people live their lives everyday knowing they ****ed somebody up and put them in danger just to save some $$$ by putting a cheap ass drive axle. Aidan, I hope this is the only cheap part you put on my car....

sig

I used the same axles that you had in the car when you dropped it off b4 the swap....if I replaced an axle and it then broke...you should have told me...I provide a lifetime warranty on the axles...as I purchase them with the same warranty. While I appologize that the car sat at RB for three weeks...as I told you b4 the car was towed to my shop that I was not going to have time to fix it, as my garage (5150) has technically been closed for 5 weeks now...if you think I ****ed you over to make a buck.....I got that axle from the same company the provides rebuilt and new axles to all the major auto parts store in this area....I.e. CSK, autozone, pepboys, etc. I get my axles from A.B.C.....and so does everyone else in this area, with the exception of new car dealerships, the only difference is that I charge $50 for a rebuilt axle and everyone else charges $75+....

if you think it's my responsibility that you were in danger with that axle...why do you think they made you sign s liability release form at the track you broke the axle at?....maybe what you were doing was dangerous to begin with...I'm also sure that the non factory equiped supercharger, on the non-factory equiped motor that was put in your car also played no part in the failure of the axle.

hang around the tracks a bit more and you'll find that just about everyone that drags a fwd honda...brakes an axle.....that's why people spend $500-$3500 on axle set ups that don't brake. and I offered you the option to get a set of axles from drive shaft shop...but that the pair would prolly end up costing between $475-$600 because they did not currently have a set of axles in production for your car.....custom made parts are just expensive.

I'm glad your car is fixed..and I'm glad it was just an axle....I thought it was the diff....but you want to blame a broken part on me...or blame me for not working on your car, when I told you first off that I wouldn't be able too...that's a bit rediculas.

·
J35A2K23B18CSRDETT2JZLOL
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
5150crx said:
sig
I used the same axles that you had in the car when you dropped it off b4 the swap....if I replaced an axle and it then broke...you should have told me...I provide a lifetime warranty on the axles...as I purchase them with the same warranty. While I appologize that the car sat at RB for three weeks...as I told you b4 the car was towed to my shop that I was not going to have time to fix it, as my garage (5150) has technically been closed for 5 weeks now...if you think I ****ed you over to make a buck.....I got that axle from the same company the provides rebuilt and new axles to all the major auto parts store in this area....I.e. CSK, autozone, pepboys, etc. I get my axles from A.B.C.....and so does everyone else in this area, with the exception of new car dealerships, the only difference is that I charge $50 for a rebuilt axle and everyone else charges $75+....

CHECK IT OUT!

SIRSIG said:
I been told that accord and CL-S are just the same.

Aidan just spoke to me just now.

good news was, it's not the axle.
bad news---> it's my differential. i keep you guys update...
i'm not so smart about cars you know that, that's why i relied on what you said to me.

5150crx said:
if you think it's my responsibility that you were in danger with that axle...why do you think they made you sign s liability release form at the track you broke the axle at?....maybe what you were doing was dangerous to begin with...I'm also sure that the non factory equiped supercharger, on the non-factory equiped motor that was put in your car also played no part in the failure of the axle.

I think i know that. but what i don't know was if my car is in good shape to run it on the strip. i relied on what you've said that you gauranteed your work and nothing wrong with the car. Think about it, it could've gone bad if i was driving my car on the street and it brake. Not that i'm going to race in the street but. what i did in the strip is nothing fantastic (see my first post) the axle was a rolling time bomb already IMO...

5150crx said:
hang around the tracks a bit more and you'll find that just about everyone that drags a fwd honda...brakes an axle.....that's why people spend $500-$3500 on axle set ups that don't brake. and I offered you the option to get a set of axles from drive shaft shop...but that the pair would prolly end up costing between $475-$600 because they did not currently have a set of axles in production for your car.....custom made parts are just expensive.
well, people in Acurazine.com that have a supercharger or even a turbo didn't have a problem with it. maybe because they have CL-S axles and i don't? Like you have just said on top, you used the same axles. I ask you before if you have gotten me a CL-S axles, and you said "they're just the same!" which in fact wasn't...

5150crx said:
I'm glad your car is fixed..and I'm glad it was just an axle....I thought it was the diff....but you want to blame a broken part on me...or blame me for not working on your car, when I told you first off that I wouldn't be able too...that's a bit rediculas.
Aidan, the bottom line is that you had my car sits there for 3 weeks untouch i have to go to work driving a rental (pay for it), I appreciate you doing me a favor having my car towed to a different place but, i could not imagine why it took 3 weeks before it happened, you could've told me to tow it myself that way i don't have to wait.

Your the only one who really know what you put in my car, i trusted you for that, but you have me thinking when i never got my thermoblock install, left me with a scratch rims (you gave me what, $40-60 bucks?), never answers your phone (have to use a different number so you can answer me) and promised me many things that never happened, guess what that makes me think if you really did a good job on my car or not....

·
Registered
281 Posts
SIRSIG said:
CHECK IT OUT!

i'm not so smart about cars you know that, that's why i relied on what you said to me.

I think i know that. but what i don't know was if my car is in good shape to run it on the strip. i relied on what you've said that you gauranteed your work and nothing wrong with the car. Think about it, it could've gone bad if i was driving my car on the street and it brake. Not that i'm going to race in the street but. what i did in the strip is nothing fantastic (see my first post) the axle was a rolling time bomb already IMO...

well, people in Acurazine.com that have a supercharger or even a turbo didn't have a problem with it. maybe because they have CL-S axles and i don't? Like you have just said on top, you used the same axles. I ask you before if you have gotten me a CL-S axles, and you said "they're just the same!" which in fact wasn't...

Aidan, the bottom line is that you had my car sits there for 3 weeks untouch i have to go to work driving a rental (pay for it), I appreciate you doing me a favor having my car towed to a different place but, i could not imagine why it took 3 weeks before it happened, you could've told me to tow it myself that way i don't have to wait.

Your the only one who really know what you put in my car, i trusted you for that, but you have me thinking when i never got my thermoblock install, left me with a scratch rims (you gave me what, $40-60 bucks?), never answers your phone (have to use a different number so you can answer me) and promised me many things that never happened, guess what that makes me think if you really did a good job on my car or not....

as for the car sitting three weeks untouched...I really don't feel bad...I told you I would not have time to work on it....it was my misdiagnosis on the broken axle, for that I appologize....as far as teh axle being a time bomb....your on your own...if you can prove that there is a difference between the cl-s and the accord axles.....I will eat all the crow I can get my hands on. I am also sorry for curbing your rim. that was my fault and that is why i notified you as soon as it happened. I gave you $60 because that was all I had on me at the time...but I guess there's still the $600 balance for the supercharger install, that you were going to decal you're car with my logo for...that never happened and even after I know I was going to be closing the garage...I still didn't charge you for that...so I guess take to balance on the rim repair out of that.....

I am incredabely offended that you have gone out and said that I went out of my way to endanger and rip you off. I feel very strongly that I took good care of you and your car. It was my fault that the reverse lock out was not properly installed on your car...and when you blew out your reverse...I took care of it free of charge.....why, because that is how I do things.....I stand behind my work....if you broke your axle, or your diff, because I improperly installed something I would have fix it myself, or in this case paid someone else to fix it. but that's not what happened
you broke your car at a race track
you were pushing your car to the "max" and something broke. if you don't like that sort of senario....then don't race your car....because braking stuff is all part of the game. if you want a set of axles that will never...ever brake...give Nitro a call...they make the best stuff out there...but you'll also end up spending 7k for a pair of axles....

blaming me for youre axle braking at the track is rediculas, blaming me for not working on your car for three week...also rediculas...I told you before the car even showed up at the shop...if I thought it was something serious...it would have to go some where else

So I reffered you to Spark racing....and it looks like they took very good care of you....wow I'm such a Jerk.

·
J35A2K23B18CSRDETT2JZLOL
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
5150crx said:
as for the car sitting three weeks untouched...I really don't feel bad...I told you I would not have time to work on it....it was my misdiagnosis on the broken axle, for that I appologize....as far as teh axle being a time bomb....your on your own...if you can prove that there is a difference between the cl-s and the accord axles.....I will eat all the crow I can get my hands on.
.i know you told me that, but you could've told me to ask a towing sevice to have it repaired to somebody else, rather than telling me you are going to bring the car over to Sparks which never happened not until 3 weeks...

i'm not on a position of finding that out. like i said "i dont know nothing" about cars i been told by CCauto that Accord and CL-S axles aren't the same, i went what they said, because they're trust worthy and reputable mechanics too...

5150crx said:
I am also sorry for curbing your rim. that was my fault and that is why i notified you as soon as it happened. I gave you $60 because that was all I had on me at the time...but I guess there's still the $600 balance for the supercharger install, that you were going to decal you're car with my logo for...that never happened and even after I know I was going to be closing the garage...I still didn't charge you for that...so I guess take to balance on the rim repair out of that.....
$600? i thought our deal was to do the swap and s/c install. hhmmm... maybe i should start digging my files and look for our IM conversation that we had before and during install...anyways, i thought i gave you extra money for the thermoblock (which i have to buy BTW) and for the clutch.As for the rims it's no biggy, i told you as long as you take care of my car and treat it like it's yours i dont have a problem...

i am most willing to have your 5150 stickers all around my car that's not a problem too, i will put your shop name (or heck your name) on it with pride, but i also told you that you gotta make sure you take good care of my car, as for your name is there too...

5150crx said:
I am incredabely offended that you have gone out and said that I went out of my way to endanger and rip you off. I feel very strongly that I took good care of you and your car. It was my fault that the reverse lock out was not properly installed on your car...and when you blew out your reverse...I took care of it free of charge.....why, because that is how I do things.....I stand behind my work....if you broke your axle, or your diff, because I improperly installed something I would have fix it myself, or in this case paid someone else to fix it. but that's not what happened
you broke your car at a race track
you were pushing your car to the "max" and something broke. if you don't like that sort of senario....then don't race your car....because braking stuff is all part of the game. if you want a set of axles that will never...ever brake...give Nitro a call...they make the best stuff out there...but you'll also end up spending 7k for a pair of axles....
like i said i never did anything fantastic, i barely got the car 3-4 months ago and see other CL-S on a different board that's capable of handling that power i can't see why mine can't do that, but i guess you are right not to race my car anymore, cause i really don't know what is next to go...

5150crx said:
blaming me for youre axle braking at the track is rediculas, blaming me for not working on your car for three week...also rediculas...I told you before the car even showed up at the shop...if I thought it was something serious...it would have to go some where else

So I reffered you to Spark racing....and it looks like they took very good care of you....wow I'm such a Jerk.
so you think it's not serious to have an accident just because of a crappy axle? :rolleye2: like i said i could've broke that in a freeway or in the street and could've injured somebody else. I really appreciate the work and time you put up on my car, but, just because i was being cheap on you, you gonna do a mickey mouse job on it. That sir, I think is rediculous!

·
Who are you!?
2,328 Posts
An axle braking isnt something too strange, S2000 do it all the time at the drag strip even running aftermarket axles, heck Supras do it too.

If you wanted to make sure that your car was 100% safe you should have kept it stock and purchased another car to play with. When you do any type of swap like this things are going to brake. If I heard a lot of complaints about Aiden I would be all over him but it just seems like he tried to save you money running what he felt would be ok for the power output you are making and he was wrong... Live and learn.

·
J35A2K23B18CSRDETT2JZLOL
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
gme2001 said:
An axle braking isnt something too strange, S2000 do it all the time at the drag strip even running aftermarket axles, heck Supras do it too.

If you wanted to make sure that your car was 100% safe you should have kept it stock and purchased another car to play with. When you do any type of swap like this things are going to brake. If I heard a lot of complaints about Aiden I would be all over him but it just seems like he tried to save you money running what he felt would be ok for the power output you are making and he was wrong... Live and learn.

Did you see how much i was running on my dyno? nothing close to your dyno result that's for sure and what do you have, stock engine and a stock tranny but you ever broke an axle? i'm pretty sure your Supra will do that, but on a CL-S?

yeah, i guess it's a lesson for me, not to jump on something i really don't know but, seeing result from other people who have the same swap made me itch to do this swap too. I thought getting on the same boat will take me away from my previous nightmare on my "stock" boosted car, i was wrong....

I'm not mad at you Aidan, a little disappointed maybe, cause like you know i thrown my arm and my leg (good thing i have 3! lol) on this swap, just want to have consideration maybe to have my car check thoroughly before jumping into conclusion...

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
not taking ne sides but live and learn. no one said there wasnt no maintenance and problems involved when fixing up a car. if you dont want 5150 to work on your car dont take back there again, and if you want your car there for them to work on, great.

Your not the only person that goes to 5150 to have their cars worked on there. other than that, i dont really see what else you can do about it. get it fixed, learn from this and live on.

If 5150 is such a bad company/shop, as you make it sound like, V6performance and 5150 wouldnt be working together to make new products for us, nor hardcore import tuners would go there to have their cars worked on.

·
J35A2K23B18CSRDETT2JZLOL
3,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kiet said:
not taking ne sides but live and learn. no one said there wasnt no maintenance and problems involved when fixing up a car. if you dont want 5150 to work on your car dont take back there again, and if you want your car there for them to work on, great.

Your not the only person that goes to 5150 to have their cars worked on there. other than that, i dont really see what else you can do about it. get it fixed, learn from this and live on.

If 5150 is such a bad company/shop, as you make it sound like, V6performance and 5150 wouldnt be working together to make new products for us, nor hardcore import tuners would go there to have their cars worked on.
:up2: he said come back to him if there's something wrong with the car, i have done things to the car that i feel that he needs to be doing it? :gotme: because i know how busy he is...

There is so many things that you guys have to know before even make a comment, some of them i will keep it between me and him...

and about V6P and him it's not my business to butt in and i rather not comment on that...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts