Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine threw a code the second I started the car this morning. Took it straight to the dealership. They plugged it in and found the front O2 sensor threw an error code. They didn't think a CAI could cause this problem, so they cleared it and are ordering a replacement under warantee. The light didn't come on while driving to work, but still. Is this happening only to cars with CAI. My understanding is that the computer shouldn't even accept codes from the O2 sensor until the car is warmed up. Gimme the scoop, anyone?

J

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
yeah no check engine light here, had the intake for about a year

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
nope...no problems here....only have the CEL when i get on the engine too hard like gettin on the interstate and don't shift soon enough.....keep it at 5000-6000 rpms for a good couple of secs and the CEL will flash but nothing because of the Intake

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
smokin6speed said:
nope...no problems here....only have the CEL when i get on the engine too hard like gettin on the interstate and don't shift soon enough.....keep it at 5000-6000 rpms for a good couple of secs and the CEL will flash but nothing because of the Intake
thats weird you must have something wrong with your valves or engine. Mine never gets a check engine light, i always downshift to 5-6k rpms and bounce off the limiter

you might want to get that checked out

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
well are u talking about the CEL or the engine malfunction light...the engine malfunction light is the one i get and ive always read it is just when there is a problem with the exhaust system...engine running too rich or something....i had it happen when i put fuel injector cleaner in and was told by the dealer that it was fine that it was runnin too rich and just to unplug the battery and let it reset....so i'm assuming it is just runnin tooo rich or pumpin out too much fumes for the car to sense

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
smokin6speed said:
its only when i run it there for a while...mine bounces off the limiter but if im cruising on the freeway and leave it there for 5-10 secs...it will flash and then go off...
That just doesn't sound right though. When getting on the interstate, I might leave the car in third at 6k rpms for 10 seconds waiting to find a gap and punch it, and I've never had a CEL go off.

I used to do the same with my RSX-S - ****, I'd leave it at 7k waiting to punch it with my buddy for 10-15 seconds and the car just purred along (very loudly of course :) ). You might want to get that checked out, doesn't sound right

1 - 9 of 9 Posts