Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
cunning linguist
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a decent deal on some TL- Type S wheels and am thinking about swapping them in for my stock 6 speed wheels. Still 17" but now 8" wide.

Has anyone done this yet? I don't think I'll run into any fit issues, but will the factory lugs still work.

Anyone have any thoughts on how it would look?

It would be gumetal wheels on a Black V6 Coupe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
there's actually two guys on gen7accord with tl-s rims. I think one is a white coupe. Can't remember the other one.

·
cunning linguist
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would be really, really appreciative if someone had a link or pic they could share. I just searched for every combination of TL, TL-S, or S type I could think of and had no luck!

·
cunning linguist
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Perfect. THANKS. I found his thread but on Gen7 he had updated the thread with pics of the new wheels already!

·
cunning linguist
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To cap off the thread and make searching easier for the next guy, here are the pictures. Looks nice.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Those do look sexy , but is there a "H" center cap that fits right with them? Nothing against Acura, but I at least "IMO" it is just a little wierd to have Acura logos on a Honda. Yes, I know they are the same company.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Check out ebay; you can almost always find a set that someone has removed from a brand new car. I'm not sure if dealerships still do it, but you might be able to see if they have had anyone sell their rims back to the dealer prior to removing their car from the lot... It happens a lot more than you might think, and you can usually get 20% off brand new wheels.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-ACURA-TL-CL-3-2-TL-RL-INTEGRA-RSX-TSX-WHEELS-TIRES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ66483QQihZ009QQitemZ190105185570QQrdZ1

·
Registered
241 Posts
Does anyone have the TL-S rims on a sapphire blue coupe? I wanna get them for my car but everonye says it wont look good with a darker car....I think it would look great.

·
Registered
345 Posts
thanks yea my old wheels look better but they wont fit the tl-s brembo front brake set up. so i got these cause i know they will fit. plus they ride alot better than the 19in

·
Registered
215 Posts
Is there a fitment issue with the TL 5 spoke wheels on the 7gen? I'm picking up a set this weekend. The guy has 235 in the rear and 215 up front. Any thoughts?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts