Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to Mike over at ESP and I'm going to be the authorized distributor of their new E-Pro Cat. I'm awaiting a response from Dizzy about becoming a vendor or sitting a GB but I figured I would see how much interest there is.

ESP sold 15 sets at an introductory price of $1000-$1050 but the list price on these are $1099 plus shipping. I know money is always an issue so I was going to see if I could do a GB for $1070 shipped. I'm going to start a GB on acura-tl.com as well as well as put these on ebay but the price would be $1099 plus shipping on ebay.

I'm going there tomorrow to get more pictures and dyno sheets. If you guys have any questions, I think one was about their Stage 2 package and the J-pipes, ask now and I'll have answers for you guys tomorrow.

There is currently a 2 week lead time but I'm going to see if I cant have a few on hand for immediate shipping.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,670 Posts
i called mike about a week ago and he told me he would get in touch with me. i assume you will be the person to communicate with now, though.

I'm interested, please add my name to your potentials list.
 

·
Adventure is out there!
Joined
·
2,941 Posts
i have already purshased and installed the e-pro cat header. Its the stage two about the j-pipes that im interested in right now. If you could ask for information about that and let me know. Thanx man
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
joedanger11 said:
i called mike about a week ago and he told me he would get in touch with me. i assume you will be the person to communicate with now, though.

I'm interested, please add my name to your potentials list.
Consider it done.
 

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
Joined
·
3,038 Posts
I would just like to say that I mod over on the vboard (for Spec V's) and I've known Lazarus for about 4 years, and this dude is a stand up guy. He has TONS of positive feedback in the buyer/seller section on the vboard, so if you need any references on his selling history, there is a ton of it. In fact, I don't think he's ever had a negative response in terms of selling products.

Just wanted to ease anyone's concerns. This is a stand up guy and he will deliver on his promises, and if there is a concern, he is always available to answer any questions.

I would jump on this in a heartbeat, but Laz knows about my financial situation (damn dog eating the floor, lol). I guess I'll have to wait awhile to buy these, but they're definitely going to be my next mod.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mbr311 said:
I would just like to say that I mod over on the vboard (for Spec V's) and I've known Lazarus for about 4 years, and this dude is a stand up guy. He has TONS of positive feedback in the buyer/seller section on the vboard, so if you need any references on his selling history, there is a ton of it. In fact, I don't think he's ever had a negative response in terms of selling products.

Just wanted to ease anyone's concerns. This is a stand up guy and he will deliver on his promises, and if there is a concern, he is always available to answer any questions.

I would jump on this in a heartbeat, but Laz knows about my financial situation (damn dog eating the floor, lol). I guess I'll have to wait awhile to buy these, but they're definitely going to be my next mod.
I can only assume that mbr311 is Mark. Heys whats up. While its true I havent received any negative feedback I'm starting to realize that you can only do your best to please everyone even though you might not be able to (referring to ebay buyers).

Anyways I do understand that $1000+ is alot for headers especially when I paid $315 for my header a couple of years ago but know this: these headers are of EXCELLENT quality, they yield 15-20whp gains and they are the only headers being made.
 

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
Joined
·
3,038 Posts
Lazarus said:
I can only assume that mbr311 is Mark. Heys whats up. While its true I havent received any negative feedback I'm starting to realize that you can only do your best to please everyone even though you might not be able to (referring to ebay buyers).

Anyways I do understand that $1000+ is alot for headers especially when I paid $315 for my header a couple of years ago but know this: these headers are of EXCELLENT quality, they yield 15-20whp gains and they are the only headers being made.
Yea, it's Mark.

You don't know how badly I want those headers.

Just bad timing I guess. The gains will be SICK.

Someday, someday...
 

·
03 silver v6 6mt
Joined
·
150 Posts
I have stock exhaust and my electric cut out right after the cat. i keep my cut out closed a lot because it is loud. you think with my stock exhaust I would get the gains or would I need to buy a cat back system too?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
miloaccord said:
I have stock exhaust and my electric cut out right after the cat. i keep my cut out closed a lot because it is loud. you think with my stock exhaust I would get the gains or would I need to buy a cat back system too?
I think it was an Accord, maybe a TL, that dyno'd a 15whp gain with stock exhaust system. Thats pretty good with a stock exhaust.
 

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
Joined
·
3,038 Posts
What's the AF ratio like with this mod? I haven't seen any charts yet - I assume its fine to run w/out the use of a SAFC2?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
630 Posts
littletruong said:
i have already purshased and installed the e-pro cat header. Its the stage two about the j-pipes that im interested in right now. If you could ask for information about that and let me know. Thanx man
:werd:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mbr311 said:
What's the AF ratio like with this mod? I haven't seen any charts yet - I assume its fine to run w/out the use of a SAFC2?
I dont know but I'll be getting the dyno chart today or tomorrow. I dont think the cars that have this so far has a SAFC. I dont know how these cars come from the factory but with tuning you should get more whp.
 

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
Joined
·
3,038 Posts
Lazarus said:
I dont know but I'll be getting the dyno chart today or tomorrow. I dont think the cars that have this so far has a SAFC. I dont know how these cars come from the factory but with tuning you should get more whp.
WEll, I'm sure our cars come super rich from the factory, like every other Honda I've owned.

I'm just curious if this mod creates any lean conditions...I know for sure tuning is going to help extract power, but I'm curious as to whether or not I'll have to invest in a SAFC in order to run "safely."

I eagerly await those dynos. Thanks for your help Laz!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
mbr311 said:
WEll, I'm sure our cars come super rich from the factory, like every other Honda I've owned.

I'm just curious if this mod creates any lean conditions...I know for sure tuning is going to help extract power, but I'm curious as to whether or not I'll have to invest in a SAFC in order to run "safely."

I eagerly await those dynos. Thanks for your help Laz!
Oh. I gotcha. I'll have a better idea once I see them dyno sheets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I stopped pass ESP today. Mike wasnt in so I couldnt get the charts and I blew my MAF sensor so I wont have them until Friday but I did get more info on the A/Fs and the "stage 2" headers.

The A/Fs are perfect and I was told the ecu adjust the trims automatically, in fact the TL that they did the proto on gained at extra 5 whp when they redynoed it.

As regards the stage 2 headers with that J-pipe, they havent even started on the prototype and they arent sure it will hit production. The way it was explained to me is, they will make 1 or 2 units to test the gains, gauge production cost and after that will check to see if theres any interest. The TL is going to be coming back soon though so hopefully in a couple of weeks we'll have more information on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,670 Posts
mike called me today and quoted me 1099 plus shipping (~$20). he took my payment info and said i would be first on the list for the next batch.

update me if u could get a GB for this for 1070 shipped as you mentioned. I'd like to save as much as possible since this is a big splurge as it is.

thanks!
 

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
Joined
·
3,038 Posts
sliva001 said:
is this still available?
Try to drop him a PM or catch him on instant messanger, I think he still has the shop but I haven't talked to him in a long time so I don't know what products he still carries.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top