Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
cunning linguist
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title says. Anyone?

I am trying to improve my stock sound system (6 disc 'premium') and I realized that my tweeters are actually not too bad. It sjust my woofers in the door that seem to distort at higher volumes.

I am looking to buy just the woofer/mid bass from parts express and I would like to match the factory speaker ohms to the new one.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Speakers will always determine current draw, so it's the dc resistance on the speaker is what you're after, not the other way around. It's normally 4ohm drivers on stock imports. With tweeters, it varies but they are normally wired in parallel with the woofer with a capacitor wired in on the positive terminal. Your final impedance should be close to 4 ohms.

·
cunning linguist
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok perfect, thanks.
Do you see any other problems with this?
How about speaker efficiency. I'd hate to have a 90db tweeter and a 86db woofer. I know I can EQ some of that away but...

I would just do a component and be done with it, but the in-dash tweeter really doesn't sound bad at all. Plus I don't want to find space for the x-over and wire something into my A-pillar....

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ok perfect, thanks.
Do you see any other problems with this?
How about speaker efficiency. I'd hate to have a 90db tweeter and a 86db woofer. I know I can EQ some of that away but...

I would just do a component and be done with it, but the in-dash tweeter really doesn't sound bad at all. Plus I don't want to find space for the x-over and wire something into my A-pillar....
It really depends on what frequency and the characteristic of the speakers. An efficient tweeter will take less power to get loud, at especially the top end FR.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts