Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
J33 w/TL LSD 6 Speed
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed this today, anyone else got a vibration sound coming from rear...passenger side...with an exhaust when getting on the gas a bit...I'm trying to determine if it is the exhaust itself or some crap loose somewhere in the interior...damn Honda Rattles

·
J33 w/TL LSD 6 Speed
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Add to that it sounds like a vibration that would come from a license plate or two pieces of metal rubbing together.

·
Registered
758 Posts
05AV6 said:
Noticed this today, anyone else got a vibration sound coming from rear...passenger side...with an exhaust when getting on the gas a bit...I'm trying to determine if it is the exhaust itself or some crap loose somewhere in the interior...damn Honda Rattles

Well my rattle is because my body kit is so close to the muffler ends, when i hit a bump or something, it just rattles. I mean its not even centimeters away from the bumper but hasn't caused any problems, just an annoying noise.

-Jason
2004 Honda Accord V6 6-Speed Coupe
Mod List:
:) Body - Sapphire Blue Pearl with Ghosted Flames and Prism MicroFlake, V-Speed Full Body Kit
:) Lighting - 12000k Hella HID Conversion Kit (purple) with black housed projector headlights, 85W HID Catz Fog Lights, 22 LEDs total, 7 color LED underbody Kit with Remote
:) Performance - AEM V2 CAI, Comptech dual catback exhaust
:) Wheels -Bazo B52 19" Chrome Rims on Kumho Tires
:) System - 4x Boston Acoustic Components, Custom Enclosed 2x 12" Kicker Solobaric L7 Subs, JL Audio 1000/1 + 300/4 Amplifiers, 15 Fared Alumapro Cap
:) Video - PS2 Flush mounted to glove box, 2x 10.4" LCD screens in Trunk Lid, 5.6" LCD in Center Console, DVD/MP3 player mounted in arm rest console

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
i can tell ya EXACTLY what it is...mine does it too...get up under your car and check your exhaust bushings/hangers..the little rubber things....i believe that my aftermarket exhaust is a little heavier than the stock exhaust and thus puts a litlte more stress on the hangers and bushings so you get a rattle with kinda a squeek noise

·
J33 w/TL LSD 6 Speed
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah Sounds sorta like that...fuxin honda quality...lol...it does tend to only happen when giving it some gas though, so I'm guessing thats what it is...sound about right...maybe ill just get some more diesel hangers...

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
i'm going to get new bushings/hangers sometime for my dad becuase he is complaining about the sound now...it seems to be worse when the car is cold in the morning...after it warms up it is just when i hit bigger bumps...probably doesnt help that my suspension is soo stiff..

·
the Lost Sol
2,198 Posts
eh.. the vibration is a good substitution for a butt massage.. to me anyway hahah
and female passengers love it ;)

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
My exhaust does the same thing sometimes, but thats because I'm running with no mufflers :p

Basically the piping just being allowed to vibrate and move could make that sound.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Have something similar to this on my 06 front passanger side at WOT. Don't know what it is yet.

·
The Poker KING
614 Posts
YES! I get this with my GReddy EVO II, so effin annoying.

I'm gonna try some suggestions on here, anyone else have any other suggestions? It's this very annoying interior vibration that makes the car feel really cheap...I'm almost at the point where I wanna get rid of the exhaust all together. Any ideas on how to fix this crappy vibration?

·
Registered
211 Posts
i got vibration coming from the left of the steering wheel, look like that coin holder/ very small storage thing is causing it.

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
I'm going to install a Borla catback here soon and I have a stupid question - I am going to replace all the stock rubber exhaust hangers because they've got 87k miles on them and I figure why not...anyway, how many hangers do we need? I am looking at the exhaust and there seems like there are quite a few hangers. Anyone help me out with part numbers or a diagram or something to that effect? Thanks!

·
J33 w/TL LSD 6 Speed
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
for a catback I believe 4 hangers IIRC, also HOLY OLD THREAD, this was when I had my magnaflows, and it actually turned out to be the C clamp touching the rear sway bar, I adjusted it and the noise went away, as for my Greddy exhausts, never had a vibration Issue.

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
for a catback I believe 4 hangers IIRC, also HOLY OLD THREAD, this was when I had my magnaflows, and it actually turned out to be the C clamp touching the rear sway bar, I adjusted it and the noise went away, as for my Greddy exhausts, never had a vibration Issue.

lol...I didn't even notice it was a 2 year old thread. But glad to hear that it was a c-clamp in case this occurs to me when I install my Borla. Thanks for the number of hangers, I just want to make sure I get them all taken care of.

·
Honda Rookie
1,042 Posts
I've had a few vibration issues with this car.... my new exhaust and stereo has only made them worse.

The two worse vibrations were from the heatshields around the pre-cats. They deteriorate real quick and vibrate like mad. I just got one fixed yesterday, as a matter of fact. It was the one off the back bank, and it shot through the entire passenger side A pillar. It was bad. But its all good now. Now I just have the rattles from the speaker/sub.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts