Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey.. im about to get a apexi v-afc in the next week..i was just woundering about the install price and the tuneing price!!! and if anyone had pictures of where their V-AFC is placed in their 7th gen av6!!!! pictures please!! i need as much info as possible!

·
The Poker KING
612 Posts
I only know one person on here who has it, and that's Sick6speed.

perhaps he can help you? try sending him a PM.

·
Registered
841 Posts
brex has it as well.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have one but tis for my AV6, install price will vary from place to place but $75 is the norm. Tuning will run you about $125-$150 depending on the shop. If you need anything else let me know.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
03c0upe said:
hey wat is that and is it avail for i4
apexi v afc is for all hondas with vtec engine. u need the v afc2 for i4 since the v afc2 works with vtec and ivtec. it regulates the air ratio or something, too tired to try to put everything into words lol. u can google it up for better info. yes brex and sickspeed has them. brex has it wired with the plug n play kit where as andrew has it hardwired to his car in the compartment with the flip up door below the center console. this is a mod that is better with more bolt on parts so if u dont already have exhaust/cai, get that first. brex said he got a 5 whp gain after dyno.
the price of hte v afc itselt is around $220-270 depends on where u get it. and dyno tuning is about $100 or so. im not sure what shops charge to install.
with the talk of the unichip releasing soon, it might be worth it to wait until the summer and see if it really comes out and not jump on the v afc now...........

·
Registered
47 Posts
vafc is by apexi, it's for tuning vtec engagement and also the air/fuel ratio...take the first letter of each and u get v-a-f...c is for controller...

safc is the same thing, but for none vtec vehicles...i have no idea what the s means..but it's there to look cool i guess..

there's also a avc-r which is the electronic boost controller (turbo vehicles)

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
wj4 (wis) put it just about right..

my install was $0 since i used a plug and play kit from Frog.. which a member here custom made it with Frog. I think u can also get it for like $150 directly from Frog.

tuning varies from place to place.. andrew hooked me up with his dyno shop, and it costs like $100 i think.. frankly.. i don't remember.. but $150 to $200 seems to be the norm.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what does a pnp harness do?? and i was told that the v-afc is jus a plug n play and no tunning is needed to have maximum performance...?? is this true or false??

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
o0amazinazn0o said:
what does a pnp harness do?? and i was told that the v-afc is jus a plug n play and no tunning is needed to have maximum performance...?? is this true or false??
false. u need pnp which is short of Plug N play harness to truely make it plug and play. without it, youre going to need to hardwire it directly into the ecu.
and no tuning needed? :confused: whoever told u that doesnt know what theyre talking about. its not a peice of metal like exhaust or intake...its a complex peice of machine that needs to be programmed to gain hp

·
GT35R Turbo'd 3.5L AV6
793 Posts
Yeah, you definetly are gonna need to get it tuned. I paid $250.00 for install and tuning, its a decent gain in hp, if you already have all the bolt-ons. I have had many compliments on it just for looks even though the performance gain is minimal. Mine is installed in the sunglass holder in the headliner, in case you could'nt tell by the poor picture.

·
Registered
88 Posts
What is your ID on Cardomian. I would like to see more pics of your car. Like the front grill install and the more pics of your sunglass visor install, wear and how did you run the wires?

·
Registered
511 Posts
actually, the vafc2 wont work on the I4. our ivtec is fundamentally different from the K20 ivtec, and if you check the japanese installation manual (updated nov 30, 2004), the K24 isn't listed. however, the K24 is listed under the safc2, so you know that they have tried it with both. projpat on AT called apexi while he was collecting his turbo stuff, and they confirmed that we can only use the safc2.

·
Registered
603 Posts
question on the side: VAFC useless if we get UNICHIP (when it comes out?) can the VAFC be used in conjunction with the UNICHIP or is that pointless since both regulate your fuel/air ratio.

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
vafc will probablyu conflict with unichip, tho i hope to continue use it as a gauge (it has somewhat nice display) without touching the a/f map.. we shall see..

·
Registered
603 Posts
hmm ic ic, i shall wait for the chip then, since the chip will get more gains hopefully... =) thx for the reply.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts