Well, to make this post simple, we all know the performance list is short
CAI
Pulley
Cat-back
Short Throw shifter adapter
straight thru 3rd cat
areodynamics (lowering)
wider Wheels & tires (traction)

and saw a few threads where people added a V-AFC II and wanted to freshn' up the posts about having one, so who has one and what are your before and after numbers (dyno and/or 1/4) and how much did you pay and from where.

I'm really thinking about getting one, just want to see who still has theirs and their likes/dislikes

www.ebay.com V-AFC II $239.99 $35.00 shipping
http://www.vtecfrog.com/Web_Pages/Prices.html PNP harness $199.00 (or you can wire it in yourself)

·
1quick240
1,023 Posts
i believe drew has one, and he gained 10hp from it when it got dyno tuned. Someone else had it, but did not like it and took it off.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pch said:
i believe drew has one, and he gained 10hp from it when it got dyno tuned. Someone else had it, but did not like it and took it off.
i know with this thing dyno tuning is a must to get max power from it, no butt dyno or adjusting it yourself. i will probably order one soon. still wanna hear some more comments about it.

·
1quick240
1,023 Posts
Also, I know that a lot of people over the cl.acurazine.com forum were not big fans of the vafc2. They really did not see any gains. They say our/there vtec is kicking in at the right time.

·
Registered
263 Posts
You can use Apexi SAFC II instead. It doesn't touch VTEC at all (which is ideal as is) and designed to tune AFR (air/fuel ratio) which should be done on dyno only and after all bolt-ons are installed.

·
1quick240
1,023 Posts
Av6Ent said:
You can use Apexi SAFC II instead. It doesn't touch VTEC at all (which is ideal as is) and designed to tune AFR (air/fuel ratio) which should be done on dyno only and after all bolt-ons are installed.
Also, that is actually cheaper too. I was just say go for it and get it dyno tuned.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I wouldnt recommend getting one right now because there arent enough performance parts out on the market for our cars, so that you will get good gains with the VAFC. If you had a serious amount of bolt-ons i would recommend it because then you can then tune it and get the maximum horse power out of you car with the mods you have!

·
the Lost Sol
2,198 Posts
vafc is not that much more expensive than safc... and u dont need to mess w/ vtec if u have vafc do u? u can still play w/ f/a ... and tuning w/ vafc is better since it has a 100rpm increment instead of 200 rpm like safc

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think i will get a/f checked on my next dyno, if i'm ideal all thru out, I guess i won't need the v-afc II, but if i'm lean or rich, i guess i'll go for it.

·
Registered
813 Posts
It really depends on how you tune it the more perfect you get the settings such as vtec, air/fuel the more power you will gain. It really just depends who tunes it, you might have to play with the settings alot to see where your best power gains are. Personally it seems like alot of money to gain minimal power unless they make more performance bolt on mods for our cars, then i would go with a Vafc.

·
the Lost Sol
2,198 Posts
Andrew said:
It really depends on how you tune it the more perfect you get the settings such as vtec, air/fuel the more power you will gain. It really just depends who tunes it, you might have to play with the settings alot to see where your best power gains are. Personally it seems like alot of money to gain minimal power unless they make more performance bolt on mods for our cars, then i would go with a Vafc.

j/w ... wut more of bolt on do u need?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Well things such as,intake manifold, throttle body, pulley, cam, cam gear, the usual exhaust, intake, headers. These are just the basic things they dont make half of this for our cars it kind of sux.

·
the Lost Sol
2,198 Posts
... IM+TB u can take it to a machine shop and have them bored out...
..there are alrdy markets for intake and exhaust alrdy (aem, injen, etc..) ..
..headers? isnt the e-pro is for just that?...
.. pulley been made..

so 2 things u named that u guys dont have are camshafts and cam gears..and camshafts arent really considered a "bolt-on" mod since u have to open up the head...so the only thing u dont have is gears

so wut sux abt it?

if u want crappy aft market supports, lo0k at 5th gen hahahah .. g'luck finding exhaust let alone other craps

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you know what you're doing I recommend getting a wideband with the safc and tune it yourself. I was also under the impression that the SAFC or VAFC wouldnt work on these cars? I talked to E-Shift today and they said the car wouldnt even start and that the only fuel controller that was working was the little black box that came with the Comptech S/C, unless something new is on the market.

·
Registered
263 Posts
logonzojls said:
I gained 12whp, but changing our vtec setting did little to improve the hp/tq. the stock setting for vtec definetly had the smoothest powercurve after trying different settings eg: higher rpm engagement and lower.
12whp? I'd like to see the dyno (before/after) on the same machine.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts