Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
apexi vafc II

Hey Guys,
I was wondering if someone can give me a little help here... I just bought a Apexi VAFC II from a frind of mine who had a 6th Gen AV6...the VAFC was setted to his car and his car had basic mods like: intake, exhaust, header, and etc... Well, I have a 7th Gen Accord V6 and mine is stock... So my question is... would the VAFC II work on my car without resetting anything? Would it be a bad idea to install the VAFC to my car? People around me told me that I need to take it to a professional mechanic who is an expert in dyno tunning...but, the thing is it costs about $160(?) to get VAFC dyno tuned and get the best setting for my car... but I am not really looking foward to gain horsepower right now... I just want to get it installed for now and maybe get it dyno tuned after getting some basic mods... It would be great if you guys can give me some advises~

BTW: If anybody knows how to intall VAFC II in Southern Cali, then PLEASE let me know... :D

Thanks for your time guys~

Ryan

·
1quick240
1,023 Posts
you would have to reset everything back to normal.....not a good idea to install it with his setting considering two different kinds of engines and some mods versus none. And yes, you have to dyno tune it, but wouldnt really help you because you have no mods. Waste of money at this point in time. Save it for later, or sale it and buy cai :naughty:

·
1quick240
1,023 Posts
try also searching and take the time to read the threads and its post. It will help you also....oh and i just read the last part again, install it and wait till mods...lol

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
haha~ Good point man! *hopefully* I can get a CAI soon~
Do you know how much it would cost me to get it dyno tuned by any chance??? I really like the displays that VAFC II puts out...but once again... if it costs more than $100 bucks to get it dyno tuned, then I don't think it is worth paying $100 bucks just to get the displays in VAFC II.

BTW: is it easy to Install VACF II and to reset VAFC II ?

·
1quick240
1,023 Posts
depending man...some places charge a lot some dont. Call aroung to your local dyno places and see. I know here in az, there is a place that charges a minum of 45 to begin with and 45 bucks a half hour for tunning. So right there, it is less than 100. You just need to do some calling...or hopefully someone from cali here will know.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
dont put the v-afc on now..its useless in your case since youre stock. get cai, pulley, and if u want, exhaust first.
if youre in so cal, u can go true dual like brex and sick6speed did. with a true dual exhaust, pully, cai, and v-afc tuned, you will see about 240whp on either a 6speed or automatic.
and this isn't something to be cheap about, tuning your car is no joke...thats why tuning takes money, with the time and hte dynos needed to make everything run in perfect balance
and also, i suggest u get the plug n play harness kit and not butcher your stock ecu for the vafc....
and thats a cheap price for one at that. as u can see from my avatar, i had version i and version ii, i sold the version i on ebay last week for $200. why someone would pay that much for, i have no idea especially when a brand new version ii is only $50 more. (the ones i have, had, are not v-afcs, but s-afcs, same principal for non vtec cars)

·
Adventure is out there!
2,941 Posts
hmm with the mods i have done to my car what do you think the possibility whp would be if i got the vafc II? The thing is im still a little iffy about the vafc II thats all. Some say it works some dont.

·
the Lost Sol
2,198 Posts
wut exactly have u done to ur car? its hard to tel if u dont post... and also as most of u alrdy know not every engine performs the exact same as others even if u have the same car ... it has been proven that vafc ii DOES indeed work for 7th gen ... the most important thing is find a good tuner :up2:

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
littletruong said:
hmm with the mods i have done to my car what do you think the possibility whp would be if i got the vafc II? The thing is im still a little iffy about the vafc II thats all. Some say it works some dont.
why woudlnt it work? its not a bling peice lol. u might wanna do some research to see what the v-afcII does first though.
good tuner is the key like stated.

·
Adventure is out there!
2,941 Posts
KhanhCord said:
wut exactly have u done to ur car? its hard to tel if u dont post... and also as most of u alrdy know not every engine performs the exact same as others even if u have the same car ... it has been proven that vafc ii DOES indeed work for 7th gen ... the most important thing is find a good tuner :up2:
Well i guess you guys dont know what i have haha. I got the Aem V2, UR pulley, Greddy evo 2, E-Pro cat headers, Hi flow cats, and i think thats it. The dyno i had done without the epro cat headers was 224whp and 198 tq. They say that the epro cat header added 21 so im thinking around 245whp and with the vafc i dont know. any guesses?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
littletruong said:
Well i guess you guys dont know what i have haha. I got the Aem V2, UR pulley, Greddy evo 2, E-Pro cat headers, Hi flow cats, and i think thats it. The dyno i had done without the epro cat headers was 224whp and 198 tq. They say that the epro cat header added 21 so im thinking around 245whp and with the vafc i dont know. any guesses?
how do u have headers on the 7th gen v6 when the car doesnt have any? :confused:
u need to run a true dual to realy unleash the power man....

·
Anh Yeu Em Jenny
251 Posts
wj4 said:
how do u have headers on the 7th gen v6 when the car doesnt have any? :confused:
u need to run a true dual to realy unleash the power man....

Truong does have a header and its a E-SHIFT PERFORMANCE HEADERS ...here the link to the thread he created ..http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69043 i heard some people say they gain 8 - 10hp from the Apexi vafc 2..i guess you got to get it dyno and tuned it properly :D but anyways keep up the good work truong.. :angel:

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
technically the product that E-Shift Performance is not headers. They are 3 high flow cats, direct bolt on replacement of the stock cats. They were originally referred to as "headers" since they were still in the works and the prototype was ambiguous.

·
the Lost Sol
2,198 Posts
and isnt it true that those e-shift cats dont even come with DPs/j-pipes ?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
03ondubs said:
That's true but they still add about 20whp
20whp, thats kinda hard to believe. not knocking anyone but u would need a dyno to back up a claim like that. if this is the case, 300whp would not be hard to reach at all...

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
gain of 21whp on an 04 TL 6spd:

gain of 17whp on an 04 Accord coupe auto V6:

there are a few others... most are on TLs. Mine are coming in soon, I'll see what difference I get.

·
the Lost Sol
2,198 Posts
03ondubs said:
That's true but they still add about 20whp
hp gain is quite impressive no doubt, but thats quite expensive.. 1k for cats, 1 k for j-pipes? ...so $2k spent on a partial eexhaust system .. why not just save for a turbo...it'll only be 1k-3k more and the power is not limited :D

·
Adventure is out there!
2,941 Posts
joedanger11 said:
technically the product that E-Shift Performance is not headers. They are 3 high flow cats, direct bolt on replacement of the stock cats. They were originally referred to as "headers" since they were still in the works and the prototype was ambiguous.
actually its 2 downpipes and a high flow cat =) and i will dyno for sure on tuesdsay to get how much whp im putting down.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts