Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
King Aztec
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or frankly you too Toyota North America, for not offering this to us.

Take a page from your Down Under division and sell a Mark X TRD (something without that stupid name though) allied with the TRD supercharged 3.5L. Made 323 hp/296 lb-ft in the Aurion TRD, so surely you'd get high 20s for mileage on the highway.

Use it to squash the 2010 Taurus SHO (read: responsible performance).

Well except for the fact that there's no V-8 option.

It's a mid-size RWD sedan. In its market it will be sold with the same 2.5L found in the IS250 here, and a 3.5L (dunno whether it's the "semi-direct injection" in Lexus cars with over 300 hp or the standard one with about 270 found in Camrys and Avalons). The only transmission apparantly is a 6-speed auto. The outgoing model offered a supercharged V-6 with over 300 hp. Perhaps the nearly 325 hp blown V-6 found in the recently killed off Aurion TRD will makes its way in here.

Mark X 2010

·
King Aztec
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
honda will catch up with there design and blow everyone out of the water like they always do..
I'd like to hope so, but when? Honda refuses to go RWD, and their SH-AWD remains a novelty only for Acura (whose model lineup has gotten incredibly fugly as well on the whole).

Honda had nothing on this Mark X ... sans maybe a TL SH-AWD, which is probably quite fat compared to this Camry-sized machine.

·
King Aztec
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those are lowsey numbers for a SC'd 3.5L........
Agreed, although that technology is already a few years old, and it was fairly low boost.

That said, supercharged 3.5L torque > NA 3.7L torque

If they actually cranked up the boost where it needs to be it would easily be up there.

TRD records only one mpg off in combined testing for the supercharged 5.7L they offer. Ironically if that percentage increase was made to the 3.5L with a blower it'd put out 355 hp.

Hmmm, that puts it right in the firing path of the EcoBoost (355-365 hp) ...

·
King Aztec
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I thought. :eek:

Nissan's VQ35 have almost that much without boost.
True, but it's not quite that simple. The VQs that get close rev quite high, mid-7000 range I believe.

The 2GR-FEZ doesn't even hit 7K rpm and makes way more torque with a fatter band; it's more usable power is what I'm trying to say.

·
-Maninder
3,962 Posts
True, but it's not quite that simple. The VQs that get close rev quite high, mid-7000 range I believe.

The 2GR-FEZ doesn't even hit 7K rpm and makes way more torque with a fatter band; it's more usable power is what I'm trying to say.
Yeah I heard the later VQ35s (HR) made more power in the higher revs, so not as useable.

·
Pedal damn it
3,913 Posts
That rear is pretty :barf:

·
I <3 My J30A4
2,925 Posts
I wish honda went rwd, esp with the 8th gen accord that car would be crazy fast...I hope honda does go rwd one day besides the s2k and nsx..

·
BULLPOO
4,241 Posts
as muc as i love hondas... these other new cars are making me want to ditch mine and get a subie, toyota, or even (i never though i would ever in my life say these words but ) a Hyundai
And now even Kia is in on Civic territory with the Forte. Civic-like styling, great interior, more standard HP, more standard options, and thousands less.

·
King Aztec
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm guessing this is built on the IS platform? If so, you'd never see this here due the fact that it would take away from Lexus sales. Nice car, but it won't be sold in the states.

And now even Kia is in on Civic territory with the Forte. Civic-like styling, great interior, more standard HP, more standard options, and thousands less.
It's built on the GS platform. While it might look like it would take away Lexus' sales, I think it would be minimal. Priced like the Avalon the only Lexus it would run in with would be the ES and IS. The IS is compact with more toys and a prestige badge that most of their buyers wouldn't give up. The ES again is more a luxury car to the Mark X being a sport sedan like a G8. So I think the sales difference would be minimal in the same way there were plenty of buyers for the CTS, G8, and LaCrosse even though they're overlapping in some areas. But you're right, it won't come to America.

The Forte is nice. I haven't driven one but I've sat in one and I like the interior of it more than the Civic, and the Civic costs more yet doesn't offer a "big" four-cylinder like the Kia does, or Mazda for that matter.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts