Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
863 Posts
there is no pan.

There's a plug that has a square hole in it, where a ratchet wrench fits in. Remove plug, drain, put on plug, refill from top.

·
Drop Dead Gorgeous
913 Posts
Robbing the thread for a sec.

I'm gonna need a tranny fluid change and I wonder if I really need to use Honda's? I mean my last one was a Honda's but is it really necessary?

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
drain plug located at bottom of transmission (do'h) little toward front of the car, and only drain plug has square hole, so you can go wrong there.

feeler hole located on top of transmission (do'h again), it's 17mm bolt and its right in middle of transmission.

always use Honda's ATF Z-1, its about same price as aftermarket ATF may be little more expensive. one drain/refill require 2.6 quarts of ATF, so you would need to buy 3 quart of ATF to do one drain/refill.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
sl33pyriceboi said:
hey, i read something on a post earlier on a diff thread.....something about vtec fluid.... WTF IS THAT??? ive never heard of it...are they friggin serious or are they being sarcastic??
VTEC fluid is a joke that people pull on newbees.

however VTEC system uses fluid to operated, but its nothing else but motor oil that you put in engine for it to operate. VTEC solenoid actually seats on oil filter housing and opens passage for oil to go up to cylinder head(s) and operate VTEC plunger which locks rockers for VTEC camshaft lobe

·
i<3 S.E.S & Eugene Kim
3,589 Posts
God i feel stupid....

oh btw, im running near my 5000mi oil change mark...

im at 9300k, and im thininking about chaning my ATF, (just to be on the safe side)

should i change the ATF before chaning the oil? or after??? does it matter???

i use mobil 1 5w20 is there anything better than the HANDA ATF fluid?

·
xXxCLS bOoStEdXxX
7,741 Posts
after how many miles do u guys change ur tranny fluid? ive driven my car about 10k since i got it and dont know when the previous owner changed the trans fluid. redline fluid is gona cost alot:(

·
Car Enthusiast
1,088 Posts
i thought it was 3.1 gal?

·
Car Enthusiast
1,088 Posts
HONDA_99 said:
you know, you're right it'a a 3.1 but it's not the gallons it's US quarts or it's 2.6 Imperial quarts

lol! yeah, it's quarts... gals are way too much... hahahahahahhaa :D

·
Drop Dead Gorgeous
913 Posts
slowaccord said:
after how many miles do u guys change ur tranny fluid? ive driven my car about 10k since i got it and dont know when the previous owner changed the trans fluid. redline fluid is gona cost alot:(
I believe 10k is the time to change.

That's how much I'm riding since my last change.

·
Car Enthusiast
1,088 Posts
the manual recommend every 15k mi but i do it every 10k.. then flush every 30k.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts