Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If one can splice the RGB wires on the factory system and put RCA connectors:

1. does that mean it will interface with the RGB/Component output of DVD player/Xbox?

2. Also, will a normal VGA/DVI to RGB work with factory navi system if hardwired/wiring hacked appropriately?

I have a couple of ideas in mind, if I can figure this out I'd really appreicate some help, and even possibly make an affordable group buy of Navi harnesses with don't require cutting for maybe around ~$100 or less, etc with the help of some of my technician friends of course... not here to make money, but to develop a possible convenience if I can experiment with the above on my own car safely lol.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Fuggedaboutid said:
If one can splice the RGB wires on the factory system and put RCA connectors:

1. does that mean it will interface with the RGB/Component output of DVD player/Xbox?

2. Also, will a normal VGA/DVI to RGB work with factory navi system if hardwired/wiring hacked appropriately?

I have a couple of ideas in mind, if I can figure this out I'd really appreicate some help, and even possibly make an affordable group buy of Navi harnesses with don't require cutting for maybe around ~$100 or less, etc with the help of some of my technician friends of course... not here to make money, but to develop a possible convenience if I can experiment with the above on my own car safely lol.
How much can you get a Navi Harness for?

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If any tech or electrical engineers are reading this, what type of interface would work with RGBsg interface (as per 1st post)?

Askani, I will mention it after I figure out what type of RGB(RGBsg) or other and also the converter to interface with the harness.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Fuggedaboutid said:
If any tech or electrical engineers are reading this, what type of interface would work with RGBsg interface (as per 1st post)?

Askani, I will mention it after I figure out what type of RGB(RGBsg) or other and also the converter to interface with the harness.
Cool, FYI, the rear view camera and side view cameras (for the inspire in japan) must connect through RGB. Don't know if that helps you.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Askani said:
Cool, FYI, the rear view camera and side view cameras (for the inspire in japan) must connect through RGB. Don't know if that helps you.
Thanks.. that would mean that the RL, MDX, Pilot, Ridgeline, ODyssey camera is RGB as well, or is that a guess?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Fuggedaboutid said:
Thanks.. that would mean that the RL, MDX, Pilot, Ridgeline, ODyssey camera is RGB as well, or is that a guess?
If it displays through the navi screen I would guess so. Going to have to look more into it.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Askani said:
If it displays through the navi screen I would guess so. Going to have to look more into it.
Thanks again Askani. If I come across important info or come up with a way to make a quality harness for cheap, I would def. post here.

This site rocks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Fuggedaboutid said:
Thanks again Askani. If I come across important info or come up with a way to make a quality harness for cheap, I would def. post here.

This site rocks.
Welcome. I could really use the harness for my OEM Navi conversion.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts