Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Jerzy
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the stock 6cd changer. Im running a 12in sub with a kenwood amp.when ever i turn it up to like 23 or over the amp shuts down and when i bring the volume back down it usually kicks in.Why is this happening dose this mean i need bigger power wire or my amps jus F ed up?

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Well, before I would call the amp a problem what are you doing for the wire now, how many ohms is the sub and how is it connected to the amp?

·
Jerzy
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, before I would call the amp a problem what are you doing for the wire now, how many ohms is the sub and how is it connected to the amp?
i think its 4ohms im not sure.im runnig 8gauge wire for a power supply and i have it connected tru a line level converter

·
-Brian
8,607 Posts
I had this problem on going for about a few months, i finally fixed it.

How many watts are you pulling, you should probably switch to 4guage wire and change your fuse to a mini 150a amp fuse with a inline fuse holder, and then recheck your ground, your experiencing voltage drops when the volume is turned up, you just need to upgrade to carry more current to your amp.

·
Jerzy
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had this problem on going for about a few months, i finally fixed it.

How many watts are you pulling, you should probably switch to 4guage wire and change your fuse to a mini 150a amp fuse with a inline fuse holder, and then recheck your ground, your experiencing voltage drops when the volume is turned up, you just need to upgrade to carry more current to your amp.
hey thanx alot ill try those things.u guy been really helpful thanx

·
-Brian
8,607 Posts
defintely try it out, was a big disturbance to me while i was trying to listen to heavy bass songs, the voltage drops were pretty bad because I had a wiring issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts