Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I was at the audio shop today and man I so :confused:...I wanna build a highend system but I need to know whats B-stock & A-stock I told the guy I wanted to use my old amps which are PPI and he told me it was B-Stock and he said his Boston Acoustics amps was A-stock??? HELP PLease

·
Work hard...play harder!
772 Posts
I have never heard a tech use for the terms A-Stock and B-stock. Typically "B-stock" represents items that are factory recertified or open box items that cannot be sold as new. While the opposite is true for "A-stock" items or products. To me he is simply saying your PPI amp is a recertified product while he carries brand new, from the factory Boston A amps. What exactly are you trying to do? Which PPI amp, or amps do you have?

·
1,576 Posts
yeah basically he's saying ur amps are refurbished and that normally refurbs will screw up later since they have already been screwed up. therefore he will tell u that he will sell you a brand new amp and will probably carry a warranty, so if your amps do tend to mess up, you'll be covered under warranty.

·
what's cracking?
357 Posts
yup, datboiroy got it. b stock basically is refurbished products. however i'll disagree that since it's refurbished that it means it'll mess up again. when a company gets an amp thats broken, the company will get the product through extensive QA and have the problem fixed. A broken product should go through more QA than a new product. So when finally QA is done, the product should be in good working order. My experience with refurbished products has been great. I haven't had one problem with the number of refurbished products i've bought. Refurbished products are cheaper to boot as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts