Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody replace their rear view with the auto-dimming w/ compass? I noticed the mirror is susceptible to bumps. Even the smallest bumps the mirror glass shakes like crazy, it is very bothersome. I tried to tighten the pin that holds the mirror with no luck. I even tried stuffing the mirror mount with felt. Is this just something I need to get use to?

·
Stalls @ every light
586 Posts
arom said:
Has anybody replace their rear view with the auto-dimming w/ compass? I noticed the mirror is susceptible to bumps. Even the smallest bumps the mirror glass shakes like crazy, it is very bothersome. I tried to tighten the pin that holds the mirror with no luck. I even tried stuffing the mirror mount with felt. Is this just something I need to get use to?
Not sure what the fix is but I had one of those dealer installed before I pikced up my car. If anything it is a bit too tight. The only time I see it jiggle is when I have the stereo up too loud. I know when I installed one of these aftermarket on my truck I had to replace the stock window glued holder thingy with the one they sent. I guess they are a little thicker to hold the weight or something. Good luck with it!

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
Yeah...mine was dealer installed also and shakes pretty good but only when I have my stereo cranked up! I cut out a couple of strips of license plate Dynamat and put one on top and the other on the bottom to lessen the shakes. Seems to be working OK but I wished it was made better...can't complain though because it was one of those options that my dealer threw in for free when I bought my car and it does work great when you got someone behind you with their hi-beams blazin!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Where did you get it from arom? You might ask the retailer if anyone else has reported the problem and see what their resolution was.

·
Import driving azzhole
492 Posts
I have one with the compass and temp display. Sometimes it vibrates when I drive and it can be distracting and anoying. I had thought about putting some kind of weight on one end to see if that would stop the vibration.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got it of ebay, but it came in the factory sealed box from Honda. I'm pretty sure it is brand new. It's just anoying when the stock mirror did'nt shake even with the radio up high. I did mess around with the PIN holder a lil and it helped some. Ohh well, I'll have to deal I guess.......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts