Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Honda Accord EX Coupe 6 - 6
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to see if there are any write ups or links for front splitters and rear diffusers. I'm planning to get into auto cross and these are some of the things that I wanted to do.

I am curious on why and how you set yours up.
Instagram SD.Accord

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A splitter and/or a diffuser will do absolutely nothing for autocross performance. Spend that money on really good tires first and foremost. If you want to perform better check the rules for the class you want to run in and add the allowed suspension and chassis modifications. My Accord Coupe is one of the most fun cars I have autocrossed. Be sure to turn off the traction control and stability control nannies if you have them before you run, they will only slow you down.

Engine power is a lot less important in autocross than is handling and grip.

I have Hawk brake pads plus installed already and then this weekend I'm buying some BBK type s TL front spindles so I can just drop in. Otherwise I've been deciding on what side rim and also tire wall size. I'm not too sure yet on the sizes

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it is an SCCA autocross the changes you make will dictate the class you will be in. If it is just a "for fun" autocross you can do whatever you like. But tires are the most important mod you can make. But just dropping the ride height isn't in and of itself a positive move unless you also get the right spring rate and get the front to rear balance right to get nearly neutral handling. Picking the right sway bars and getting good alignment specs dialed in go a long way to making the car stick. And don't just pick the stiffest springs you can find, you need the suspension to be somewhat compliant so that not every little bump or direction change will disrupt the car.
Yes sir, I'm going to be doing Type S sway bars in the front and I've been debating if I should keep the rear stock or install the Type S rear. I've herd the best combo is leaving the rear stock because it can be too stiff, leaving the rear end to slide out a lot during high speed sections. Whats your thoughts about tires? Our Autocross track is low speed corners. Mostly people run 2nd gear until 50 mph or 60mph at DCTC. No class, it's open, RWD, AWD, OR FWD. We host for preparations every season for new beginners so they can compete into GRIDLIFE.

Here are some p*orn pics​

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts