Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver side seat will not recline, i here the motor as well as this clicking noise, any suggestions of what to do?

·
Registered
126 Posts
kailam19 said:
My driver side seat will not recline, i here the motor as well as this clicking noise, any suggestions of what to do?
Take it apart and figure out why it will not recline. I had similar problem on other cars and it was cable that needed replacing. Usually all motors at the bottom, so you don't need to touch upholstery - just remove seat and mind electrical connectors.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Answer!

kailam19 said:
I had and still have this problem,it is easy to deal with.
First,Use the power seat to recline backwards till you hear the clicking noise.
Second,release the manual latch on the side of the seat and tilt the seat forward,AGAIN,do this part manually.
Third,while the seat is tillted forward,POWER Recline the seat backwards for while manually pushing it back to the resting postion!Bingo,promlem fixed and you can now recline backwards again and be comfortable.
P.S.If you power tilt the seat back up too far again it will get stuck and you will have to repeat the process!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Did anyone else have this problem. I know this is an old thread but my seat goes back but doesnt come back up. All I hear is the clicking noise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The Answer!

I had and still have this problem,it is easy to deal with.
First,Use the power seat to recline backwards till you hear the clicking noise.
Second,release the manual latch on the side of the seat and tilt the seat forward,AGAIN,do this part manually.
Third,while the seat is tillted forward,POWER Recline the seat backwards for while manually pushing it back to the resting postion!Bingo,promlem fixed and you can now recline backwards again and be comfortable.
P.S.If you power tilt the seat back up too far again it will get stuck and you will have to repeat the process!
What if you have a four-door?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts