Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before i get attacked. I have searched for days with no real answer and i havent seen any posts of it being done only rumored that one person did it in this forum but not sure who. if there is real info please send links. I have a I4 7th gen coupe that is auto ajd am doing a manual swap. I got everything from a donor car except harness. Is there a way to wire to bypass reverse lockout? Also how have you all mounted the clutch pedal/master cylinder? Any info is appreciated

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's been done by another v6p member a while back, I don't have all the details but I got a bunch of the basics still burning in my brain.

-source a manual flywheel and FLYWHEEL BOLTS don't forget the bolts.
-manual starter will be necessary for the different flywheel design.
-source a J series manual shifter box and cables from a v6 6mt accord or a tl 6mt.
-clutch master cylinder and clutch slave cylinders should be bought new if possible.
-clutch pedal assembly and brake assembly from any accord manual, TSX manual, or TL manual.
-grab an entire clutch line from a v6 6mt 7g accord or tl 6mt
-front and rear motor mounts are the same, engine side mount is the same, upper transmission mount is the same, transmission BRACKET must be replaced with 6mt bracket from 7g v6 6mt accord or tl 6mt
-Axles are same between auto and manual for 7g v6 accords and TLs
-Automatic subframe can be reused with the 6MT tranny but lower transmission mounts won't line up so some fab work will need to be done or run innovative mounts to reduce movement from lack of lower tranny mounts.
-Car will turn on and run in limp mode on the stock auto eco (4k or 5k rev limit, check engine codes and flashing D light since there is no automatic transmission anymore)
-to turn on car with automatic ecu LEAVE the automatic shifter electronic connection plugged in and in Neutral position, leave in on the passenger side floor until wiring is complete.
-manual ecu will require adding in wires for the butterfly flap on the intake manifold, automatic 7th gens don't have the butterfly on the intake manifold.
-manual ecu will also require adding a wire for clutch pedal sensor
-you WILL have to drill holes for the master cylinder to pass through into the cabin, you will also have to relocate the dash harness that comes out of that hole. Also the upper pedal bracket is missing from the automatic chassis so you're gonna have to get creative, some people remove the whole dash to get better clearance of installing the clutch pedal w/ master cylinder.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In other words, find a wrecked v6 6mt and take as much off of it as possible. even better if you can work side by side between the donor car and your project car. Auto to manual isn't impossible but it is A TON of labor and not recommended on a daily driver if you can't take like a week off to iron out some kinks. I mentioned a lot of the physical stuff but I have no idea of the wiring beyond knowing the car will start and move under its own weight with the stock auto ecu. I also forgot the username of the member who did the swap but I believe he was still working out some kinks by the time he stopped posting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts