Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on running an aftermarket oil cooler for my AT tranny, is it fine to bypass the OEM oilcooler and run the aftermarket one by itself?

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
If you guys want to bypass the "fluid heater" which I suggest, get the parts from a 03 Pilot, this would be the base plate, filter, tubing,banjo bolts, and crush washers it is like $130 in parts from the online places, but then you are not heating the fluid just to cool it and is completely bolt on, no drilling or tapping involved.

·
SC J32A3 Accord
645 Posts
If you guys want to bypass the "fluid heater" which I suggest, get the parts from a 03 Pilot, this would be the base plate, filter, tubing,banjo bolts, and crush washers it is like $130 in parts from the online places, but then you are not heating the fluid just to cool it and is completely bolt on, no drilling or tapping involved.
I have a question for you guys, what temps are you seeing during various driving conditions? For me, under normal freeway cruising it's about 160-170, stop and go traffic about 180-190, after hard acceleration/driving about 200-220. This is with around 75-80 degrees ambient. All temps are Farenheit and after atleast 30mins of driving.

·
SC J32A3 Accord
645 Posts
Where were you able to find a place that sells it and how hard is the install on it?
I ordered mine through Kragen.com for local pick up. But you should be able to order it through any auto parts store. I had mine installed at the same time as my SC, but I can't imagine it being too hard. Just tap it into the stock transmission oil lines. Check out this thread by the resident guru NVA-AV6. http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=86923

·
Blue in NY
968 Posts
Thanks for the info and link bro.

Paul's thread looks a lot more complicated than just tapping into the stock tranny lines though, im guessing yours isnt done the same exact way?

·
SC J32A3 Accord
645 Posts
Thanks for the info and link bro.

Paul's thread looks a lot more complicated than just tapping into the stock tranny lines though, im guessing yours isnt done the same exact way?
Nope, mine was just tapped into the stock lines. Paul's writeup is to change the lines and replace the filter as well. It's still a good read and helps to be able to see pictures of where everything is.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts