Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I have a v6 accord it has been shifting hard lately. I was wondering if anyone knows what this could mean. People said it cold be from bad Trans. oil.

Any help would be appriacted.

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
OT-but hey does your name mean anything to do with craft? like a ship or an airplane?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Changing your tranny fluid will not "fix" your problem, but if you haven't been doing the maintenance it's a good idea to do it later than never.

·
Registered
554 Posts
reading all posts on here, and u will very quickly learn that if u have a auto, then i bet in a few months or so, youll have a post on how your tranny is now DEAD.
Do yaself a favor and trade it in...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Are you referring to the 96 Accord in your profile, or do you also have a 7th gen Accord? If it's an early 7th gen (03-now), then it's probably the cheap transmission failing, but hopefully you're still under warranty.

But if it's a high-mileage 96 accord, then you probably are due to replace your transmission fluid, if it hasn't been done yet. And you probably want to be in the 5th gen forums (Don't want to add any undue transmission bashing to the 7th gen. You know we got enough already ;))

1 - 5 of 5 Posts