Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Autopower only makes a 4 point bolt-in roll bar for the 98-00 coupes. Does anyone know if that application will work in a 2001 coupe?

I talked to a gentleman named Don at Autopower today and he said he doesn't think the 98-00 coupe 4 point roll bar will work. He mentioned the 01 sedan application might work, if the wheelbase was the same as the coupe. But I'm pretty sure a sedan wheelbase is longer than a coupe and therefore, the roll bar for the sedan would not work.

He does not have any plans to make a bolt-in 4 point roll bar for the 01-02 coupes. However, he said he could make one available. He would need a car for one week to mold up a prototype. The person who provides their car for a prototype would be under NO obligation to make a purchase from Autopower.

so....

Anyone in CA up or providing a 01 coupe for a prototype mold up?

Just playing around with the idea of throwing a bolt in 4 point roll bar in my car. If it happens, it happens. If not, then I can blow that cash on something else.

.....thoughts, ideas, comments?

·
The End.
4,331 Posts
lmao.. look at pictures of a 98-00 coupe and a 01-02 coupe.. THEY'RE THE SAME. Wheel base is the same.. etc.

Rofl.. so funny. Lock this thread up please.

Don doesn't know his ****. :rofl:

·
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ICY,
Yeah, I thought so. I told him the only thing different is the bumpers...but the inside panels are the same. Don said "well, my application listed is for a 98-00 so I can't guarantee it would work." He even asked someone else and they said no it won't work....he probably just sat there then came back and told me, no.

So guys, before I throw out some cash for this. Make this NOOB feel 100% confident this will work.

If and when I make this fit. I'm going to call Autopower and set 'em straight.

·
The End.
4,331 Posts
ICY,
Yeah, I thought so. I told him the only thing different is the bumpers...but the inside panels are the same. Don said "well, my application listed is for a 98-00 so I can't guarantee it would work." He even asked someone else and they said no it won't work....he probably just sat there then came back and told me, no.

So guys, before I throw out some cash for this. Make this NOOB feel 100% confident this will work.

If and when I make this fit. I'm going to call Autopower and set 'em straight.
Hahah people don't know jack about our cars, it's so funny. And pretend they do.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
fail.

·
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you my friends. :)

I will inform the Autopower execs.......they need to facepalm themselves.

:facepalm2:

·
Boosted
1,529 Posts
whats the point in putting a rollbar into an accord with 150hp? lol
just curious..

·
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whats the point of putting in a set of racing seats when your not racing?

Whats the point of removing a steering wheel w/ airbag only to replace it with a aftermarket steering wheel w/o airbag?

....Show mod, unique safety device, etc.

p.s. U wanna wrap my roll bar with CF? :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts