Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PLEASE READ!!!

I am trying to get this ball rolling. Alot of dead meets lately and not alot of activity.

Please Note the events that are in WV are about 20 minutes away from my house. I am willing to have my house as a meet point and setup a nice caravan with everyone before we head out to the track for every WV Event.

We could do a BBQ, So long as everyone pitches in for things we could have a nice decent pre-BBQ track meet every WV event as well.

Quoted from TommySalami of Acurazine.

So I've gotten pretty big into autocross and will be going to a lot of events this year. Not many Acuras show up other than an RSX here and there, so it would be awesome to see some of you guys come out.

To those who don't know what autocross is, you can read the link below to find out about it. It's basically where a club takes a huge parking lot and turns it into a track.
http://www.capitaldrivingclub.com/faq.html#Whatisautocross

Summit Point raceway just opened up an autocross track, and it looks like it's going to be freakin amazing. Here's a drawing someone made comparing the different venues we race at:

Video from one of the Bowie autocrosses:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTSYJKBQKzs

Here's the list of events for Capital Driving Club this year, which is the club I go with. Registration for the events opens a few weeks before, and if you want to sign up put that you are a guest of Tom Layton. For non-members it is $35 for 6 runs.
To sign up, go here and click schedule:
http://www.capitaldrivingclub.com/index.html

Saturday, March 28th, 2009 Autocross Harry Grove Stadium, Frederick, MD
Sunday, March 29th, 2009 Test & Tune Harry Grove Stadium, Frederick, MD
Saturday, April 4th, 2009 Autocross Prince George's Stadium, Bowie, MD
Saturday, April 18th, 2009 Autocross Washington Circuit (Triple Skid Pad), Summit Point, WV
Saturday, May 9th, 2009 Autocross Washington Circuit (Triple Skid Pad), Summit Point, WV
Saturday, May 23rd, 2009 Autocross Prince George's Stadium, Bowie, MD
Saturday, June 13th, 2009 Autocross Washington Circuit (Triple Skid Pad), Summit Point, WV
Saturday, July 18th, 2009 Autocross Washington Circuit (Triple Skid Pad), Summit Point, WV
Saturday, August 1st, 2009 Autocross Prince George's Stadium, Bowie, MD
Saturday, August 29th, 2009 Autocross Prince George's Stadium, Bowie, MD
Saturday, September 5th, 2009 Autocross Harry Grove Stadium, Frederick, MD
Sunday, September 6th, 2009 Test & Tune Harry Grove Stadium, Frederick, MD
Saturday, September 19th, 2009 Autocross Washington Circuit (Triple Skid Pad), Summit Point, WV
Saturday, October 10th, 2009 Autocross Prince George's Stadium, Bowie, MD
Saturday, October 17th, 2009 Autocross Washington Circuit (Triple Skid Pad), Summit Point, WV
Saturday, November 7th, 2009 Autocross Prince George's Stadium, Bowie, MD
Saturday, November 21st, 2009 Autocross Harry Grove Stadium, Frederick, MD
Sunday, November 22nd, 2009 Test & Tune Harry Grove Stadium, Frederick, MD

Finally, here's a google calendar listing all autocross events in the mid-Atlantic region:
http://www.google.com/calendar/[email protected]&ctz=America/New_York

Here's a couple pics of the last autocross I went to. The first one is me:

We've got this on multi-forums, so let's make 09 a great season with huge turnouts.:cool:

·
7yr / 120K
955 Posts
I plan to join CDC this season and hope to get to a few of these these events along with a couple friends. Last year I mainly watched to get a feel for what Auto-X is all about. I live just a few miles from the Baysox location, so those are the ones I will most likely participate in.

My car is finally set up pretty well so I'm really looking forward to getting into Auto-X.

Hope to see you all out there this season!

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes guys, fast driver vs fast car. Not $25+ to run 13 sec passes and get only a few runs in.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Will they laugh you off the lot if you show up with lightweight 18's?

I know about unsprung weight and rotational mass, but I just want to try it and have fun without buying 15" racing wheels and Falken Azenis.

I don't think it will be much fun though if I can't pony up for a bigger rsb first.
Massive understeer FTL!

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
i raced with 18s in one event.. no one will laugh at u or say anything about what ur running unless you have a big plastic fake supercharger stuck to your hood or something obviously retarded. it's just about what times you can run, not how u run it

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seriously every event I've ever been to have a nice environment. All cool people and it's really a challenge of you the driver and the car. Domestic, Import, Euro...whatever. Run whatcha brung.

They even say you don't need all the fancy smanscy suspension mods and all that. Just show up with good tires and be prepared to learn something. You usually embrace those mods after you are ready to take it to the next level.

I know it was a huge learning experience for me. Although I'm more involved in Road racing than Autox. Both are fun and really shows what your vehicle and yourself are capable of.

It's not like those quarter mile knuckleheads who always have to bash on your car if you can't run lower than 11 secs.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got this on the fitfreak, 8thcivic and a couple other forums. These look like it will be fun every month events.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ROLL DEEP SON! Yea I forsee some high dose of funness and extraordinare coming.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, If I'm not running in one of the events I could bring some foldy down chairs with my dad's SUV.

·
7yr / 120K
955 Posts
IT'S GO TIME! I just got registered for the Apr 4th autocross event at Bowie Baysox Stadium. I am soo pumped! Hope to see some of you guys out there. I am in heat 4 car #907. Wish me luck!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts