Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here bought any auxiliary input device to hook up to their stock radio? I have looked at many and most reviews sound pretty bad on all of them. Just looking to see if anyone on here has bought one and if so I would like to know what they think of the one they have. Or if someone has any recommendations on which one to buy would be great as well.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats not bad.. so no problems with the radio trying to find the device ever? I have read some even have that problem.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Where did you get it? Model number?
Bought off eBay few years back. If you're connected to your phone, the music stops and you'll hear the phone ring through your stereo. Think of it as a bluetooth. Your music will return once the call has ended. I like this method better than having to cut a hole in my cub and have a wire sticking out. This can be put away easier and it looks more clean.

Onto the pics..

Plug and play under the stereo.

Wires are behind the cub not through it and double-sided taped the soundgate box onto the side trim. White/red wire is sold separately; can be found at radioshack for $7 bucks.

Use a hanger of some sort and loop the wire under the trim/cup holders and out into the console compartment. Trim/cup holders can also be lifted up when looping. Unscrew the electricity socket so the wire can squeeze through then screw it back. Cut a half-inch through the rubber pad and just loop it out. The rubber pad does not hang like that, it lays flat back like before.. this is just to show you how it's done.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Any of you have problems with sound? I heard some units are quiet and give interference sound over the speakers as well. Looking for one that sounds just like it came from the factory.

·
Registered
384 Posts
If you don't want any interferences don't get one those cheap and/or expensive wireless transmitter. I think they're crap..

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yours give out any interference? I know I had an fm transmitter. i tried 3 different ones and they all sucked.

If you don't want any interferences don't get one those cheap and/or expensive wireless transmitter. I think they're crap..

·
Registered
384 Posts
Yours give out any interference? I know I had an fm transmitter. i tried 3 different ones and they all sucked.
Lol nope bc it's a direct plug to the stereo. Did it right the first time and bought a soudgate. I know bc I've been in my friend's cars and have had experiences with those. So my point is don't go wireless if you want clear sounds.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok. I ordered a Soundgate HONAUX4 Aux Input Converter. The one I bought didnt say anything about being for an IPOD but the one I got has IPOD on it. Anyways is this a problem? I cant get it to work with my LG phone? It comes up saying soundgate.com on the radio screen but that is all I get. No sound or anything.

·
Registered
446 Posts
does it modulate through your XM radio? My DICE unit does this and you have to have it on specific channel for the auxiliary to work and another for the iPod.

·
dave
161 Posts
I don't have the one that you have, I have an iSimple, but when I initially turned it on, it had to program itself for a while then once I changed to the xm input I had to hold the tune button for a couple seconds to bring up the input select menu to switch between ipod/aux1/aux2/hdradio

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I got to work. I couldn't use just the auxilary. I had to use the av to auxilary. When i did that And now i got it to work but it isn't working correctly. It will play music from my phone and it will play what it is receiving from the xm radio at the some time.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts