Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me on how I would fair up against a 2008 Honda Civic Mugen sedan 6spd.

Mods:
CAI,UR Pulley,Exhaust,and hi flow cat.

I am a 2007 lx v6 accord coupe automatic.

i looked on specs for comparison and av6 1/4 is 14.5, and civic si sedan is like 14.8-15.3 on 1/4 mile.

·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
olrighty then, ill b slap shifting 1,2, d3, and D and no TSC for a better take off. hopefully his LSD wont woop my @$$. lol

good thing my 60' is 2.3

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
When my friend had his SI...he whooped my ass many of times. He can take off faster too while we were rolling.

Other times we were even, I got him off the line then he would catch up and once I hit about 120 it was close again.

Stupid TL-P.

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
the SI will win, and you will take him pass 80. ;)
The auto v6 must be a lot slower than a 6MT V6 because I raced 2 Civic SI coupes and beat both very easily - one from a dig, one from a 30mph roll. yes yes I know, they could have sucked ass as a driver, so many varibles, but it did happen twice.

·
Full time worker/student
493 Posts
to me, an si is the same as a rsx-s bc they both have k20's that make roughly the same power and they all weight close to each other. i've seen enough youtube videos of rsx-s's getting wooped by v6 accords (manual AND auto) so u should win easy esp since ur modded. the v6 has much more torque than the that torqueless civic.

·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea its true, many varibles can determine the outcome of the race. he could b a horrible driver when it comes to shifting and he could have a bad launch. as for me, im pretty decent with launching and all i hav to do is floor it, if i stay on D, instead of slap shifting it. lol

but any tips on launching with an auto, fot on brake and gas and let go of brake while flooring it on gas pedal, or N rev up to like 2000 rpms and slam to D???

tips would b nice thanks

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
yea its true, many varibles can determine the outcome of the race. he could b a horrible driver when it comes to shifting and he could have a bad launch. as for me, im pretty decent with launching and all i hav to do is floor it, if i stay on D, instead of slap shifting it. lol

but any tips on launching with an auto, fot on brake and gas and let go of brake while flooring it on gas pedal, or N rev up to like 2000 rpms and slam to D???

tips would b nice thanks
don't be an idiot. Neutral dumping will F your tranny up.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts