Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed the greddy today on my av6 sedan

more pics to come

·
Squarely Stock
144 Posts
Those look nice. But why are they slanted to the side? Also, is it true there is a cutout on the sedans for the dual exhaust?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kramer2k said:
Would it be possible to tuck those tips under the bumper a little more?

next week i will take it to try and tuck the tip a little bit under the bumper. it took couple of hours to install it. worth waiting and worth the money.. sounds great and never loud. sounds just like a 350z and those cans that everybody talking about. they arent so big as some seem to say.

bad luck guys, my digital camera aint working properly for some reason, images arent clear at all. i will take some pics using the mobile phone's camera until i get it fixed. same quality as the first pic.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
vsubbiah said:
Those look nice. But why are they slanted to the side? Also, is it true there is a cutout on the sedans for the dual exhaust?

there is no cut outs on the sedan, i had to lower and extend the exhaust abit to make it fit the sedan. the guy who did the fitting is brilliant.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
ive been waiting for this post for a long time... yea whats up w/ the tips slanting to the sides? are you going to fix that? i dont want mine to end up like that, get some lower pics to see the proportionality of the cans, did u get any pics of the instal or any tips and pointers for when other sedan people get theirs?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes i got a coupe's exhaust, extended and abit lowered so it would not stick on the bumper. and removed the cat conventer

the tips has to be the way it looks, slanting to the side. but when you get the bumper cut and fixed for the exhaust to fit in then i will be able to fix it. and that wont happen till atleast a couple of months later till i get the xenon lights, the 19's rims, front lip and lowered the car around 1.5-2 inches and to do these things on the car its going to cost big money, which can be done by june.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
so the tips have to slant like that because of WHAT? they cant be set straight without messing with the bumper? does this apply to the borla too?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
v6_ccord_2k5 said:
so the tips have to slant like that because of WHAT? they cant be set straight without messing with the bumper? does this apply to the borla too?

it would apply to all exhaust systems unless you cut in to the bumper, its because of lowering it abit, bending the flinges (what ever it is called which the muffler hang on to). if you do see it from the back straight it do look nice. well i dont want to cut out the bumper to create a space for the tips to fit and thats why i am leaving it like it is.

i'm keeping the car for max another 2 years. and the cut out will only decrease the re-sell price.

if you got only the cai, you wont feel much difference without fitting the exhaust system. you need a high flow exit for all the air the intake is pushing in to the engine. a quality exhaust will take that pressure off the engine and response is much better. i feel it because i had the cai installed almost a week before installing the exhaust

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
mr_vtec said:
if you got only the cai, you wont feel much difference without fitting the exhaust system. you need a high flow exit for all the air the intake is pushing in to the engine. a quality exhaust will take that pressure off the engine and response is much better. i feel it because i had the cai installed almost a week before installing the exhaust
:rolleye2: :mad: :curse: lol i had thought about this like a week or two ago too (because of how ppl do the I/H/E thing (I kno we dont have headers...))but I wasnt too sure but it sure makes sense, well im getting the CAI first then the exhaust in a few weeks to a month I guess. thanks for the info :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
mr_vtec said:
it would apply to all exhaust systems unless you cut in to the bumper, its because of lowering it abit, bending the flinges (what ever it is called which the muffler hang on to). if you do see it from the back straight it do look nice. well i dont want to cut out the bumper to create a space for the tips to fit and thats why i am leaving it like it is.
Why can´t they be turned down without being slanted?

Art M.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
after one month of driving with the only the intake and then installing the exhaust, you'll feel the difference.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
well i got the V2 installed today... :eek: :clap: :up: :eek: ... that thing sounds GGRREEEAAATTT, brought it home, showed my dad, he was impressed and left w/ the car! he said...
dad: "well now all you need to do is put flowmasters on", me: "dad flowmasters dont go on this car right", dad: "oh then what" me: "ive done some research and its come to a brand called borla or greddy but i dont think you'll like the greddy because of the way it looks (i explain both exhaust looks...)" dad: "how much" me: "about 700 or 1100 i think, not too sure" dad: "oh okay (walks a way)", i kinda yell "theyre both STAINLESS STEEL" (he keeps walking...)
so I dont know whats up w/ the exhaust but I guess its in the near future...
im lovin the V2 right now tho, it SOUNDS like an exhaust under my hood... dont know how to post pics, so ill post pics when i figure it out, maybe a video if enough people want it

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
v6_ccord_2k5 said:
well i got the V2 installed
congratulations man, the first day i installed the injen i went mad. flooring it on every single road. it sounds great especially when vtec kicks in it just screams man. enjoy..!! ;)

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
lol yea, i would fall back in traffic just a lil bit to floor it and hear that rumble! or take as many back streets as i could just to slow and accelerate... :D im just crossin my fingers we get the exhaust to round it up nice

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
v6_ccord_2k5 said:
lol yea, i would fall back in traffic just a lil bit to floor it and hear that rumble! or take as many back streets as i could just to slow and accelerate... :D im just crossin my fingers we get the exhaust to round it up nice

if you are keeping the car, buy the greddy evo 2, do some cuts in the bumper so you could fit the exhaust in it unlike mine. i dont want to cut in to the bumper because i will be selling the car probably next year and get something else and cutting the bumper will mean less re-sell price.

the greddy really sounds nice and quite. and when you step on it it sounds tough but not stupidly loud. its really nice. get it and you wont regret it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts