Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy just bought a brand spanking new 330ci and wanted to go against mine AV6AT coupe for fun... What do you guys think? Will i get my a&% kick so bad?

·
Registered
180 Posts
I doubt it. I raced a BMW 3 series..not sure which 1 but it may of been a 330 or a 328....if he hadn't of gotten off of the ramp on 295 B/W PKWY I would of caught up to him & passed him. He had a pretty good lead on me. I got caught in some traffic on a 2 lane pkwy. But when I got the chance to open up,it was all over. Go ahead & do it.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Is he an auto or manual?

·
the tooth
307 Posts
either way, the new 255 hp 6 speed auto or manual will OWN the 7th gen auto. The 330 is probably underrated just as much as the 325, which is proven to product ~235ish hp at the crank instead of the stated 215. The 330 is FAST and the V6 AT av6 will not be able to keep up.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He is a manual...

Blue tiger... the BMW you raced with it's a manual right?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't get it man.. 240hp can't even catch a 235hp.. at least tht would be close.

·
Registered
154 Posts
the 330ci will smoke an auto V6. I tried running a friend of mines at this abandon field. He just got a 330ci for his bday (spoiled bastard) and wanted to test it out. From a stop, he got a jump, by 2nd gear I started to gain, but after that he just took off. It is really an underestimated car.

On the freeway, anything can happen. The driver might get tired and didnt wana do it anymore, didnt wana have a chance to wreck his BMW, he just isnt a good driver in traffic, or he just isnt a good driver at all.

Overall BMW 330Ci > AV6AT...i think a 6-spd wont be able to catch up either if we're going stock vs stock

·
Registered
155 Posts
imagohp said:
My buddy just bought a brand spanking new 330ci and wanted to go against mine AV6AT coupe for fun... What do you guys think? Will i get my a&% kick so bad?
This is a joke right??!! :eek:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I don't know what the guy had.By reading what erryone is saying about the 330..maybe it was a 325 or 328 I raced. Only thing I got done so far is a V2. Or maybe he just didn't want to run anymore.I don't know. Anyway...if I was u, I'd race his ass anyway. Even if u do lose. So what, it ain't for slips, right?Plus if he makes u look dumb atleast u had the nuts to do it.

·
yeaaaaaa
294 Posts
if its just for fun, who cares if u lose. go for it. i raced my friends brand new 2006 330i manual (i have a 6 speed) off of a roll and we tied. he was bone stock, i had my v2 and greddy, but i also had 19's.

·
6MT
1,195 Posts
those 19's slow u down eh? ;)

but seriously, the main reason u would lose is because... u are automatic. *if we are talkin straight line race, handling doesn't matter* 6MTs are quite a bit faster than the autos, as I have raced my cousin's G35 when he 1st got it, and he would own my auto after he gets in 3rd gear. The car just keeps pullin n pullin. When I got my 6MT, we raced again, supposing he mastered the 6MT even more. I was able to keep up side by side all the way up to 80-100ish, where we had to cut off cuz end of the empty stretch.

I see no reason why our 6MT can't tie w/ the new 330s, as the new ones are slower than the E46 330s?

2006 330i *E90*
Acceleration 0-60 mph - Manual transmission 2 6.1 sec

2006 330Ci *E46*
Acceleration 0-60 mph 2 6.4 (7.0) [5.9] sec

[###] = manual

·
Registered
758 Posts
BlueTigerCoupe said:
I doubt it. I raced a BMW 3 series..not sure which 1 but it may of been a 330 or a 328....if he hadn't of gotten off of the ramp on 295 B/W PKWY I would of caught up to him & passed him. He had a pretty good lead on me. I got caught in some traffic on a 2 lane pkwy. But when I got the chance to open up,it was all over. Go ahead & do it.

bleh i hate BW parkway! only 2 lanes for a major highway between 2 major cities (baltimore and washington D.C.)

I use 95 much more!

I raced a g35 on 295 and i was by far the better driver, i was smoking him with the traffic, but once we got to a straight away with no cars, he slowly but surely caught me after like 3-4 miles. crap!

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
I think he will smoke you imo.

I ran against a 2004/2005 325 a long time ago, beat it pretty easily, he appeared to be AT. I dont even think I used 1,2,D3... but that was 04/05 and this is 06 and your talking 330 MANUAL too. I drove my cousins '03 325 MT and those sh!ts dont seem friggin slow! :eek:

If I had to bet on it, I would have to bet on the bimmer... hopefully hes a good driver kuz I wouldnt wanna drive a spankin new 330 and lose to an autotragik honduh

1 - 20 of 50 Posts