Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
No Life LowLife
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All, I've been a long time reader posting for the second time. Got some time to waste this weekend and so I summarized all (most?) the lowering kits for our AV6. No life? That's right! :p Enjoy:

Comptech ($239)
Coupe F=-1.25 R=-1.0
Other fitment = 04TL, 04TSX

Eibach Prokit ($242)
Sedan F=-1.3* R=-1.2*
Other fitment = 04TL

Eibach Sportline ($242)
Sedan F=-1.9 R=-1.4

GroundControl ($399)
Both F=-.5 to -2.75 R=-.5 to -2.75

H&R OE Sport ($279)
Sedan F=-0.75 R=-0.5

H&R Sport ($279)
Both F=-1.5 R=-1.3

H&R Race ($279)
Both F=-2.0 R=-1.7

NeuSpeed Sport ($240)
Both F=-1.75 R=-1.5

NeuSpeed Race ($240)
Both F=-2.25 R=-1.75

Sprint Springs ($159)
Both F=-1.8 R=-1.8

Tein H tech ($240)
Both F=-1.4 R=-0.7
Other fitment = 04TL

Tein S tech ($210)
Both F=-2.0 R=-1.2
Other fitment = 04TL

All of the above are manufacturer's spec's unless specificed otherwise.
* - denotes actual end-user measurement

One interesting point is that while Comptech and TEIN use the same part for 7gAV6 and 04TL, neuspeed and H&R springs use different parts. Some kits are for coupe or sedan only and others are for both?!?! Seems like some company choose to share parts and others don't. So what’s the rule here? Heck they can all be the same parts but with different parts #. :confused:

Now to my question, if the Comptech lowering springs can be used for both 7gAV6 coupe and 04TL, couldn't that also apply for the 7gAV6 sedan also? I wonder if stealerships will void my suspension warranty if I use Comptech springs for my sedan. Any thoughts? TIA

PS for all the Goldline fans out there, they are not represented because I can’t find their webpage.

·
No Life LowLife
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
131 Posts
leeak - handy reference - thanks! I keep coming back to it !
Interesting - anybody notice how much greater the front to rear difference is for the Tein H and S (0.7" and 0.8" delta). The other manufacturers look to be somewhere between around 0.25" to 0.5". I wonder why the delta for Tein is so much more than the others, and what difference it makes.
ps - no big deal but I looked again at the eibach site and i still think the pro-kit should read 1.3 and 1.2 (in fact - that is the drop the pro-kit physically measured on my sedan).

·
Registered
487 Posts
how bout everyone w/ each type of spring email him or a mod the pics and then edit the pics along w/ the springs so you get a picture of what the drop looks like? i think that would be VERY helpful..

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
both sedan and coupe usually can share the same spring.. (actually, i don't think any of them is being sold separated for sedan and coupe).

and yes.. Eibach pro kit is out.. its one of the very first spring that came out for 7gen accord. tho i just ditched mine to go to tein ssp.. :D

·
I AM LOST....
4,681 Posts
chinoamigo said:
how bout everyone w/ each type of spring email him or a mod the pics and then edit the pics along w/ the springs so you get a picture of what the drop looks like? i think that would be VERY helpful..
yeah.. this would be very helpful... definitely saves me from searching and finding pix.. :up:

·
Registered
128 Posts
also, you forgot to add sprint springs. they are a 2" drop in the front & in the rear.
bout $240 i beleive?

·
Registered
44 Posts
yea i recently got sprint springs myself...got em from adventon motor sports for $140... the ride isn't too stiff and i dont really remember stock that much but doesn't seem that much different from it. din't take any pics of it yet...but if some are interested in the sprint springs, ill go take em and post of you'd like

·
Registered
240 Posts
brex said:
both sedan and coupe usually can share the same spring.. (actually, i don't think any of them is being sold separated for sedan and coupe).

and yes.. Eibach pro kit is out.. its one of the very first spring that came out for 7gen accord. tho i just ditched mine to go to tein ssp.. :D
Very true, I think they only spereate between I-4 and V6 in terms of spring rate, at least I know TEIN has different spring rate for I-4 vs V6, but same for sedan and coupe.

·
No Life LowLife
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Updated!!

Thanks for the heads up. Just added Sprint Springs. If you have links to your sites of pictures of your drops, PM me and I'll gladly link them for others to see. Just let me know of any other updates. Hope this helps! :p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts