Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys...

getting an AVIC D3 installed where my cubby is, but if i install it, will my factory radio controls still work?? it'd be dope if i can control the radio with both the factory buttons as well as the touch screen on the D3...

otherwise just having a dead screen sitting there would be lame-o... =T

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
No they won't work out of the box. You could possibly explore running a low level output from the D3 to an Aux In on the stock head unit though...

·
J33 w/TL LSD 6 Speed
1,586 Posts
As Matter of fact it can be done. I know cause I had it done in my vehicle. I have the D3 in my cubby, and the stock screen litup and running, the climate controls are all working, etc. The factory Radio is turned off, the DISPLAY works, but it has no control over the audio input whatsoever. The main reson I was so adament about keeping it was for the illumination and the Dual Zone climate controls.

·
Registered
230 Posts
There are only 3 wires need to turn on anything in an aftermarket, which is usually an accessory, constant, and ground wire. With the stock harness in tact, there's normally a harness that will allow you to keep everything on. The only problem are the speakers... they should only work off one internal amp. Wiring both will develop impedance issues and could cause problems with trying to run both. Considering building a circuit with relays and a switch if you want the stock stereo to work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts