Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 232 Posts

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my D3 in today, and just couldnt wait to put it in.

Here's my wiring harness, soldered and taped:

My "modified" RCA harness that allows video playback during driving :angel:

My dash with my OEM DEAD CD player that Toyota wanted $670 to replace, pre surgery

GPS Receiver Mount

Here's where I ran my GPS antenna wire, note that I did tuck it behind that panel afterwards, this was just to show how I ran it

Center console out, excellent chance to clean out what was underneath...dirty!

Belly of the beast

Test fitting the OEM Nav dash piece with the D3, way too freakin wide of an opening!

Using Pioneer's supplied trim ring, still not wide enough!

So, I took a trip to the fabric store, picked up a piece of foam stuff...its sticky one one side and straight foam on the other...here's the test fit before cutting and gluing

Here's a test fit with the receiver in my cutout in the foam

Here it is all put together

The unit itself is pretty much flush with the dash, it looks like it sticks out because of the way the piece is shaped, but there really wasnt a whole lot I could do about it due to the radio brackets behind it anyways. If I had it recessed 3/4" of an inch like the OEM Nav, the controls would be hard to reach =/

It's in and cruisin! FM Radio Screen

Navi Map

Pulp Fiction :D

All in all, it was a pain in the ass, running RCA's from my amp to the front which I hadn't needed before since I was using a line out converter. I also had to run the wire for the backup camera to the front as well...I didn't take a pic of that, but I can snag one up later.

I also snagged up a PAC SWI-PS box that will let me use my steering wheel controls, but I can't figure out how to program it so I'll save it for a rainy day.

So I could have spent $200 and had this all done by a shop, but I wouldn't have gotten my DVD bypass, and I learned alot at the same time...this was the first time I had seriously ripped apart the interior of this car since I bought it :eek:

During the process of custom making my trim ring, I managed to get superglue freaking everywhere....its all over my hands, fingers, and unfortunately, my dash piece I just bought today--theres 3 marks on the front of it :( I might do something about it soon

I'll get some better pictures tomorrow when it's light out...either way, here it is...enjoy :D

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
mmmm sexy unit... does the D3 have dvd playback?
also you should look into those clear sticky screen protectors.... a cheap investment to protect that screen

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DVD/DivX playback :)

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
VTEC-v6! said:
DVD/DivX playback :)
finally pioneer makes a double din navi that actually plays dvds.... looks hottt
if i didnt have my 880prs i would of definatly gotten me one of these

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
itchthys said:
So you can burn movie/video files* and play them?

*i.e. AVI, DivX™ 4 & 5, XviD3, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG4-SP, WMV9, Motion-JPEG, etc..
Pretty much, Nero will convert almost anything to make it work with it for me :)

I'm in the process of building a Dual Layer MP3 DVD which will basically be 8GB worth of music :D

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
908 Posts
You just made me wanting to spend more money now, THANKS A LOT :eek:

ITs hte SEX I tell ya!

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had been trying to keep mods to this car limited, but now after this I want to do more more more :(

There's a sick deal on TRD rims on ebay, and then I want to install the XMNavTraffic tuner too :mad:

·
< DeSi BoY NocturnaL >
4,236 Posts
That looks great! I picked one up for my Evo too, but haven't gotten around to installing it yet.

Question for you though, for that bypass mod, how exactly did you pull that yellow wire out? and whats the proper way of putting it in the hole on top?

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
iLLeGaLaKKoRD said:
That looks great! I picked one up for my Evo too, but haven't gotten around to installing it yet.

Question for you though, for that bypass mod, how exactly did you pull that yellow wire out? and whats the proper way of putting it in the hole on top?
Long time no see :wave:

I just pulled really hard on the yellow wire and it came out...easier said than done of course, because it's tough to hold onto the plastic connector while pulling. Anyways once it comes out, its going to have a little metal clip on the end of it which needs to stay on it, then you just push it into the hole above where the wire came out of originally.

Make sure you ground that yellow mute and the green parking brake wires :up2:

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 232 Posts