Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 6gen accord, easy as **** to park obviously...anyways might be a dumb question, but was thinking about adding a backup camera to my AVIC-D3 just for the hell of it.

My question I wonder if its illegal to drill a hole in the license plate.....that way no damage to my car and no tacky license plate frames.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that might not be a bad idea...i thought i saw something online bout a keyhole size one, my only thought of the plate is that its already hollow behind it...

·
Registered
230 Posts
I've never seen an issue with this. As long as it doesn't block any information on your license plate, you should be fine drilling a hole.

·
j35 psi 6sp
1,375 Posts
yeah just drill the hole close to the top of the plate or any area that doesnt block or alter any info on the plate and your set..

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
bestbuy carries a back license plate frame with an integreated camera. but then again...the coupes license plate sits low

·
Registered
230 Posts
bestbuy carries a back license plate frame with an integreated camera. but then again...the coupes license plate sits low

IMO, the Audiovox unit that BB and CC used to carry is actually pretty decent. The picture quality was okay but I like the fact that it had 3 angled plates for adjustment. I've installed quite a few of those and they worked really well.

·
✠ 2nd Amendment'r ✠
5,355 Posts
I installed a back up camera at one time. I got the idea from Nittanys. I put it in the key hole for the trunk (I never used it anyways) It turned out great.

·
Banned
654 Posts
i used the license plate camera piece up top. i DID have to drill through my license plate though. because when i used the stock bolts, the right side covered up half of my yellow sticker tag. i sent a picture to my buddy that's a cop and he said i could get a ticket for improper display of tag. so i had to move the camera up more and put 2 screws through it w/ washers into the tag and the plastic behind the tag to mount it so it didnt cover my tag sticker

1 - 9 of 9 Posts